Why 7$ for additional receiver

no, no one gives you one for free.
be lucky its not a duo, those are up to $17 a month each

The first receiver on the account is free. So the most expensive receiver on the account there is no monthly fee for (it's included in your package), any additional receivers have a charge (starting at $7/month).

MattG DISH said:
The first receiver on the account is free. So the most expensive receiver on the account there is no monthly fee for (it's included in your package), any additional receivers have a charge (starting at $7/month).

I own both receivers why do you charge 7$ isnt it free

Complaining about this is like talking to a brick wall. Just be lucky that you don't have to pay $17 like you would if you had two Duo DVR's.

It's too bad they charge to use a receiver on top of the purchase price, but they can do what they want. There's no good justification for it other than a money-grab. Even if they argue it's to pay for firmware maintenance, this should be built into the price of the receiver. I don't pay a monthly fee for firmware updates on any other product.

I don't think you can avoid this though, I think most sat/cable providers do it now.

If you don’t want to pay a fee for additional receivers you should subscribe to your canadian services.

Sent from my DROIDX

If you only need 2 tv's dish is the hot deal as no extra cost for tv2 if your using a dual box. $7 is not a bad jump its $1 more then what direct would charge and far less then any cable co or iptv since your new.
But in my case i was paying $21 for 3 extra boxes encluding DVR service and then it jumped to $50 so i jumped also.

Although it is the responsibility of the customer to read the very, very, fine print, I lay some of the blame for this lack of understanding on Dish Networks Door.. I sell to many customers who get upset when I tell them that there is a fee for additional boxes.. They always come back with, "Dish told them that they could get additional rooms free". Then I have to spend time explaining to them what they saw. I know Dish will never make this in big bold print, but then neither will DirecTV.. So Until everyone gets a magnifying glas to read the fine print, this will continue to be an issue..

Even if you own your own receiver it does cost Dish a bit of money for your extra receiver (i.e. they will fix it if it breaks). But, the real reason probably for the fees is to keep account stacking down, and profits up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)