Why can't channels be grouped?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Compared to most cable systems I've seen, D*'s channel lineup is pretty well organized. D* isn't perfect, but it's not half bad. Compare it to most TW lineups, now there's a mess!

They should add guides like sports, childrens, movies, locals, variety, news and then when you cycle through the guides, they will automatically put all those channels in numerical order. OR just realign the channels and put them in that order like DISH already has done. I think the move to mpeg 4 would be a good time to do this.

In the age of the social networking explosion on the internet, I've never understood why some principles aren't being applied to things outside of websites.

I would love the ability to tag channels as 'sports', 'family', 'movies', 'steve', 'kara', 'crap', etc, and then be able to query the channel listings and tell it to display steve + movies + sports, or steve + sports, or sports + movies.

And do it by number, not station, so when something small changes on a shopping channel its tags (crap) still stick.

I haven't tryed this with the newer rec's but you use to be able to chose your channels (still can with favorites) and then give it a name, you could do this for each person in the family.
Also, I think the old Hughes use to catagorize the guide by what catagory it fell into by using different colors for different type of programming.

Jikbo

I haven't tryed this with the newer rec's but you use to be able to chose your channels (still can with favorites) and then give it a name, you could do this for each person in the family.
Also, I think the old Hughes use to catagorize the guide by what catagory it fell into by using different colors for different type of programming.

That would be nice if it worked for the R15, but sadly it does not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts