Wii u

This is an awful day. The CEO and President of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata has died at the age of 55 of a bile duct growth. No one should die that young. My mom died at 56 and I can only imagine what pain his family is going through. On the other side, this is a terrible loss in the world of gaming. We'll see where Big N goes from here.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/12/8940053/nintendo-president-satoru-iwata-is-dead

I am really surprised that the cost of wii u is still at 299.00, really disappointed in the game selection, my 8 year old son has moved to my PS3, may trade the system in soon, though hopefully it increases down the road with game selection

Well, the $299 all of them come with games, and also you can get a refurb with Nintendo Land for $200 from Nintendo Shop Online. That's how I got mine.

In case you didn't know, Project Cars was supposed to come to the Wii U. Well the developer announced that that wasn't going to happen, even though their fundraiser reached the funds to where that WOULD happen. The head of the studio seems less than sympathetic towards Nintendo owners that actually wanted this game to happen..

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...ii-U-run-PCARS&p=942776&viewfull=1#post942776

Now we have official confirmation of the game not coming to Wii U

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...eveloper_now_waiting_on_new_nintendo_hardware

Nintendo shutting down Wii U TVii service in August https://games.yahoo.com/news/nintendo-shutting-down-wii-u-233041856.html
Nintendo TVii, the service for Wii U that lets its users find, watch and interact with television content through the console's GamePad controller, is shutting down on Aug. 11, Nintendo announced in a Miiverse post today."After almost 3 years of finding, watching and engaging with Nintendo TVii, we will be ending the service on August 11, 2015 at 3:00pm PT," Nintendo said in its announcement. "At the same time, we will be closing the Nintendo TVii Miiverse community."We sincerely thank you for all of your engagement within the community and the Nintendo TVii service. We look forward to your contributions within our many other Miiverse communities."A system update for the Wii U will roll out next month that will remove TVii functions from the GamePad.In a FAQ posted to Nintendo's support website, the company said "it is time to focus our resources on other projects" in explaining TVii's closure. Other video applications for Wii U, including Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Crunchyroll, won't be affected by TVii's closure.

A final trailer for Super Mario Maker has come out. Seriously, each trailer makes me more excited than the last. It always looks more robust than the last time I looked and it looks like they've really playtested the hell out of it, which is a good thing. I really like that they plan on trickling out tools as opposed to just overloading you with everything at the start. Also, this game may lead me to do something that I've never done before, which is buy an Amiibo. SMM has a feature where if you have an Amiibo and tap it that you can get that character in the game for the classic SMB levels (wish they did all 4 but oh well), and the idea of running around Super Mario Bros levels as Sonic the Hedgehog just makes the younger gamer in me just giddy for some reason.

A final trailer for Super Mario Maker has come out. Seriously, each trailer makes me more excited than the last. It always looks more robust than the last time I looked and it looks like they've really playtested the hell out of it, which is a good thing. I really like that they plan on trickling out tools as opposed to just overloading you with everything at the start. Also, this game may lead me to do something that I've never done before, which is buy an Amiibo. SMM has a feature where if you have an Amiibo and tap it that you can get that character in the game for the classic SMB levels (wish they did all 4 but oh well), and the idea of running around Super Mario Bros levels as Sonic the Hedgehog just makes the younger gamer in me just giddy for some reason.

Check out the videos on the e-shop some guys from E3 posted them playing SMM on there
Can't wait

I have some ideas for some crazy levels
Plus I'm sure some other players will cook up some really awesome levels

This made me laugh.. from Rick & Morty last night (BTW if you aren't watching Rick & Morty you REALLY need to change that ASAP.)

Here's something I was thinking about the other day when thinking about Mario Maker... why the f*** isn't Minecraft available on Nintendo consoles? Seems like a dual screen/touchscreen would be the best interface possible for the game. This article is a little old but sheds some light on it. Basically, it was Nintendo being short-sighted. What a concept..

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/nintendo-and-minecraft-what-the-heck-happened

So apparently you can do this in the Super Mario Maker..

Oh yeah.. one thing that's "grinding my gears" as the young folk say nowadays is that it looks like Nintendo has sent out review copies of SMM to various outlets, meaning that the game is basically done, but I have to wait nearly a month for the damn thing. I suppose it's a compliment to them in that I'm complaining that someone else gets the game before me, but damn if I don't get a little annoyed when I see YouTube talent posting stuff like this..

Microsoft owns Minecraft. If they had bought it years earlier, probably wouldn't have it on the PS3/4 either.
Yeah but that's irrelevant. Talks of the game coming to Nintendo consoles came before the buyout, and the resistance came from Nintendo, not Mojang.

Yeah but when Notch owned it they ported it from PC to Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, PS Vita, iOS, Android, and possibly some other platforms I'm missing. It easily could have, and should have, ended up on Nintendo platforms too. It's basically on every possible platform besides Nintendo.

Nintendo's younger audience would have aligned perfectly with Minecraft's younger audience but apparently Nintendo turned it down years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts