Wii u

Mario Maker is getting a nice update in November. For me the biggest thing is the addition of checkpoints. I like playing the levels but the long ones can be REALLY frustrating when you have to go all the way back every time you die.

A bunch of stuff came out from yesterday's Nintendo Direct. You can read all about it here.

Undoubtedly though, the biggest "HOLY SH*T" moment had to be when THIS was announced. I never thought I'd see the day where I'd see a game where you could have a fight between Cloud and Ryu:

Still, this was a close second as DLC for Hyrule Warriors:

CTpTO4MVEAAV7Ay.jpg

I'm all for an option to play as a female in Zelda games but Linkle? Really? That's a pretty terrible name. Even just calling her Link and letting you choose whether you want Link to be male or female like in Mass Effect would have made more sense to me.

I guess maybe they wanted her to be her own character instead of an alternate skin for Link? That's fine but maybe let her have her own name too then instead of just putting "le" on the end of Link's name.

Bayonetta is coming to Super Smash Bros.

It really is too bad that Bayonetta is now basically a Nintendo property. Bayonetta 2 was a great action game but no one's going to be able to play it because it's on the Wii U.

Yeah, when Bayonetta 2 started getting all its buzz I thought about tracking down a copy of Bayonetta 1. Since I knew I wouldn't be able to play Bayonetta 2 I just decided not to bother though.

Bayonetta 1 would be a good candidate for BC. It is a good game, lots of fun and over the top crazy action. Actually for the Wii U retail version they also gave you a copy of the first game, so it was 2 games for the price of 1.

New Mario Maker content
Dec 22
The saw will turn into a bumber if shaken, doors turned into P doors and the clown car can turn into a fire clown car.
Plus you'll be able to see the who cleared a level the fastest and who cleared a level first
The biggest change is the ability to go online ans search for levels

Nintendo has some amazingly high selling exclusives when you factor in how few people own a Wii U. There are a couple surprises for me there though. I would have thought that Smash was the best selling Wii U game over Mario Kart. I also would have thought that Mario Maker would have been higher than Splatoon. I know people love Splatoon but Mario Maker has been getting so much buzz even from people who don't use a Wii U as their main gaming platform.

I know that Mario Kart and Splatoon were released before the games I compared them too but it's still surprising to me.

Well a lot of that is because the majority of Wii U owners are big Nintendo fans, so they're likely to jump on the exclusives. Also, Mario Kart was a popular pack-in game, not to mention it's probably the most family friendly game. Also 2 and 3 were common pack in games as well. Splatoon! was out longer than Mario Maker, not to mention I think that it sold exceptionally well in Japan.

Mario maker did get my son playing his wii u again. He is a fifa Madden kid now as he is a bit older, but Mario maker diid get him to fire up the wii u again

Same here. My Wii U rarely gets used. My PC/One/360 get used the most, with my PS4 quite far behind and then even less with the Wii U

It's always that 1 or 2 exclusives that gets my oldest son back on the wii u. Towards the end of last year it was Splatoon and then Mario Maker.
He's already doing a count down til the remake of Zelda-Twilight Princess comes out.

Here's all the news from the Direct. Not much to write home about. Some gaming news but not much other than that. Star Fox release date, The NEW 3DS will get SNES VC games because apparently only IT can handle the awesome processing power of a machine that originally came out in 1990 and had a cpu that ran at an awesome 3.58 mhz. And it's looking more and more like Nintendo is going to do with the the next Zelda game what it did with Twilight Princess and intentionally withhold it from the market and port it over to the NX.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/3/11157710/nintendo-direct-march-2016

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)