Wii u

It's more of an instance of old guard not adjusting with the times, not Nintendo actively sh*tting on their fan base. Don't forget, Nintendo has been around since 1889. It's a Japanese family based company that doesn't run business like most American companies. How they run things has traditionally been different. And I believe that these constant loss periods have finally helped them realize that they needed to change things. Don't forget, for the longest time Nintendo has not had to change their business practices, and they have a TON (I mean a TON) of cash to fall back on during these lean times. Don't expect to read "Nintendo goes out of business" anytime soon.

One thing that King forgot to mention about the revenue sharing thing is that it also allows users to upload directly from their Wii U to YouTube. That's a pretty big step. Yeah the revenue sharing still stinks, but it's better than nothing, and I'd like to think the majority of people who post Let's Play stuff aren't doing it as their sole source of income. Anyone that does, while not to disparage such people, perhaps should look into other forms of revenue than simply that.

It's more of an instance of old guard not adjusting with the times, not Nintendo actively sh*tting on their fan base. Don't forget, Nintendo has been around since 1889. It's a Japanese family based company that doesn't run business like most American companies. How they run things has traditionally been different. And I believe that these constant loss periods have finally helped them realize that they needed to change things. Don't forget, for the longest time Nintendo has not had to change their business practices, and they have a TON (I mean a TON) of cash to fall back on during these lean times. Don't expect to read "Nintendo goes out of business" anytime soon.

One thing that King forgot to mention about the revenue sharing thing is that it also allows users to upload directly from their Wii U to YouTube. That's a pretty big step. Yeah the revenue sharing still stinks, but it's better than nothing, and I'd like to think the majority of people who post Let's Play stuff aren't doing it as their sole source of income. Anyone that does, while not to disparage such people, perhaps should look into other forms of revenue than simply that.

There probably aren't very many people who make any real money from their youtube channels. There are a few who are very popular with several hundred thousand subscribers though. I've never been someone to watch let's play videos unless I'm stuck and need to see how to get past something. Some people get a lot of entertainment out of this sort of thing and would rather watch a let's play than rely on IGN reviews when deciding whether to buy a game or not.

Like I said, this is free advertising for developers and publishers. If someone who actually does make money from youtube has a choice between a Watch Dogs video where they can keep the ad revenue or a Mario Kart video where they have to split with Nintendo they are going to do less Nintendo videos. Nintendo should get out of the way and let these people show off their games and still make the same money. People can say what they want about EA and Ubisoft being greedy but they aren't the ones taking youtube ad money from their fans.

I'm not getting fooled by Hyrule Warriors. It's just Dynasty Warriors in a Legend of Zelda skin. .
AND supervised by Nintendo. Personally I'm psyched for the game. The last 2 Zelda games IMO have been rather lacking. Actually ever since Ocarina of Time they've basically been remaking the same game. Having a game where Link is a bad-ass beating the tar out of tons of enemies at once feels like a nice change of pace IMO. But I suppose if one doesn't like Dynasty Warriors games then they may not like this one either.

Don't expect any mature (if any) new Ubisoft games outside of Watch_Dogs and Just Dance..

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...ill-Shift-Wii-U-Focus-Away-From-Mature-Titles

I agree that there is no point in porting over mainstream third party games to the Wii U. Nintendo gamers support first party Nintendo games and third party stuff that is unique to that platform. I have to say that Ubisoft messed up with Watch Dogs though. Either do it right and put it out on the Wii U from day one when the hype is still there or don't bother. By the time Watch Dogs finally makes it's way to Wii U the small market that would have cared might be gone.

When I was a kid it was possible to be a Nintendo gamer and ignore the other consoles. I wasn't one of those people but it was possible. You had at least a reasonable expectation that most major third party games would show up on your Nintendo. Since the original Wii experiment I feel that Nintendo has made it impossible for their system to be the only console in the vast majority of gamers' homes. There is the small group of young children and people who are only interested in Nintendo first party games. Outside of that, they are counting on Playstation, Xbox, and PC gamers who are willing to buy a second system just to play Nintendo first party games.

On a related topic.. Samus is looking pretty good..

v0CjFhe.jpg

What the hell? That doesn't fit with the rest of the Smash Bros aesthetic at all. I wish I could put up a screen shot of a match between Princess Peach, Toon Link, Kirby, and Samus dressed like this just to show how ridiculous this really is. Very strange move by Nintendo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)