WildBlue Install

diu.steve

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
One of the techs in our office is installing his first WildBlue dish tomorrow. In fact, its the first install in our office. We all know there are helpful tips/tricks that aren't a part of the training. Anything to pass along would be helpful.

they are easy, just follow the training step-by-step. Everything needs to be done in the right order and you shouldnt have any problems.
i install wildblue, direct, and dish, and I MUCH prefer the wildblue jobs. In my opinion, the dish is much easier to align.
I went through the training almost 2 years ago, and have been installing them since the first satellite lit up in our area, but we had a guy do his first one the other day, and he didnt have any problems at all.

they are easy, just follow the training step-by-step. Everything needs to be done in the right order and you shouldnt have any problems.
i install wildblue, direct, and dish, and I MUCH prefer the wildblue jobs. In my opinion, the dish is much easier to align.
I went through the training almost 2 years ago, and have been installing them since the first satellite lit up in our area, but we had a guy do his first one the other day, and he didnt have any problems at all.

The install went well today, he said he aligned correctly on the first try. I get to try one out for myself tomorrow :)

Yeah WB is pretty straight forward if you have any experiance installing dishes, they are easier than HughsNet by far.

Yes The Dish Is In A Million Parts..It Takes Me Aprox 30 min or so to put one together....since the new satellite went up to tell you the truth they are going in much smoother then the last satellite. my company has been set up for the past 2 years ready to go...we had put in 1 system before they shut the beam down....but back to my origional point once you put 2-3 together they are very easy to put together all you need is a 1/2 wrench and 7/16 wrench and a phillips head screwdriver....if your like me i put a bunch together before the jobs and save time on the job site....

Yeah I do just that, if I can get some spare time at the end of the day I put together a few, I also do that with other dishes also, it really cuts down on the on site time.

So why can't they pre assemble part of the dish. Maybe it is because what they do put together is all loose?!? Or maybe saves them lots of money not having to assemble them at factory?!? That is it money!!! I do like the alignment the dish aligns easily.

So why can't they pre assemble part of the dish. Maybe it is because what they do put together is all loose?!? Or maybe saves them lots of money not having to assemble them at factory?!? That is it money!!! I do like the alignment the dish aligns easily.

the do partially put the dish together... at least the skew/elevation assembly is somewhat put together. The first one I put together was COMPLETELY disassembled. There wasnt a single thing put together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)