Will Cablevision Up the Upload to match Verizon 20/20 ?

DVRaholic

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
BX/Yonkers, New York
Hello I am wondering now that Verizon Fios has a New package with 20 download and 20 Upload for $64.95 a month in the NYC tri-state area.
What will cablevision do ??

I hear that cablevision could do 10mb Upload, but this would be the max that the current modems could handle.

So I'm wondering will cablevision go up to 10mb upload for the Boost customers, or will they not do anything and keep it at 5MB up

If I was able to get 10 MB I might just stay cablevision, My block is fully wired with Fios and we are just waiting to be turned on.

What do you guys think ??

Got word on the street from a number of Fios techs that Verizon will be doing a "Major Push" in Manhattan and the Bronx with Fios in the 1st quater of 2008.

Hopefully Cablevision wil get on the ball and up the measly 5mb upload they now offer, If they could at least double it to 10mb I would be willing to stay with them.

If not as soon as Fios is available Im going for the 20MB down / 20MB up package they offer.

Right now its just 64.95, same as OOL with Boost

I've got to laugh at this being an ex CV customer. Jump on the FIOS bandwagon like I did. Not only are their internet speeds faster; more importantly, FIOS' reliability is a whole lot better than CV. In the year that I have had FIOS, I have had ZERO internet outages. I was lucky to go a month or two with CV before an outage.

I've got to laugh at this being an ex CV customer. Jump on the FIOS bandwagon like I did. Not only are their internet speeds faster; more importantly, FIOS' reliability is a whole lot better than CV. In the year that I have had FIOS, I have had ZERO internet outages. I was lucky to go a month or two with CV before an outage.

I've had optimum online for 2 years now and I've had zero outages.

You must have been in a better area than me. My wife works from home and uses the internet throughout the day, she complains to me about all their outages.

You must have been in a better area than me. My wife works from home and uses the internet throughout the day, she complains to me about all their outages.

do you have a router hooked up by any chance? I noticed when I have a router hooked up, I have to reset the router sometimes twice a month, when I had it plugged into the computer directly it would never get disconnect. If you have a router and reset the router, by rebooting the router without rebooting the modem then its the router and not the ool service.

Yes I did have a router setup to it but it was the OOL service. First thing I always had my wife do was check the cable modem router. Sure enough, the lights were blinking on it, so it was a problem on their end.

i am sure eventually they will, however I dont know when. also just because alot of us on the various forums want greater speeds, i have a feeling that the average user doesnt need/want the higher speeds especially for add cost. I dont know the exact number of boost subscibers but I would doubt it would be more then 3-5% of all ool subscribers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts