Will the Dish Network dish mount to my DTV mast?

Highgear

Jul 31, 2007
Wethersfield,CT.
I want to make the move to the Dish Network from DTV. I have the HD DTV dish and want to know if the HD Dish Network dish will mount to my DTV mast? I really don't want any more holes in my new roof.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
Yep, They will most likely will want to use your existing mast. They don't want to put any unnecessary holes in your roof either.
You probably have a slimline dish so the mast is a little bigger than the mast needed for the dish network dish but there are adapters they can use.

BTW: Dish networks satellites in the sky are a little further to the west from where the Directv's dish is pointing using the Western arc and a little to the east of where Direct's dish is pointing when using the eastern arc dish.

Attachments

• 2_inch_OD_pole_adapt.jpg
    2_inch_OD_pole_adapt.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 175

Highgear

Jul 31, 2007
Wethersfield,CT.
Yep, They will most likely will want to use your existing mast. They don't want to put any unnecessary holes in your roof either.
You probably have a slimline dish so the mast is a little bigger than the mast needed for the dish network dish but there are adapters they can use.

BTW: Dish networks satellites in the sky are a little further to the west from where the Directv's dish is pointing using the Western arc and a little to the east of where Direct's dish is pointing when using the eastern arc dish.

Thanks for the info friend. I'm not sure if it is the slimline, but I know it is their newest HD dish. I had reception problems in the Spring. The tech swapped the dish over to the newest he had.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts