Will using component color connection deliver an HD picture?

MikeMoss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
Ada, MI
Hi Again.

I've posted in other posts about the problems hooking up my TV, Tuner, Dish setup.

My question this time is simple, will using the Red Green Blue video cable connection from the Dish box to my TV give my an HD picture?
I'm guessing not but I need to ask before I pull everything out again and try it.

I'm currently just using the single component video cable because the HDMI isn't working.

Mike

Generally speaking, component is capable of delivering HD. That said, I have not tried using component with my personal dish system, not sure why it would not work though.

it works just fine. I have one TV that my dish receiver complains about "not HDCP compliant" so i use the components and it's just fine....can't tell difference hdmi/component.

Hi Again.

I've posted in other posts about the problems hooking up my TV, Tuner, Dish setup.

My question this time is simple, will using the Red Green Blue video cable connection from the Dish box to my TV give my an HD picture?
I'm guessing not but I need to ask before I pull everything out again and try it.

I'm currently just using the single component video cable because the HDMI isn't working.

Mike

You'll never notice the difference using the component video compared to the HDMI unless you were to view a 1080p video on demand event. The remainder of the programming is 1080i and 720p, both of which the component cable can handle.

I used component cables from my Dish receivers to my Mitsubishi HDTV for 11 years, it didn't have HDMI. It worked just fine and the HD picture was amazing!

When I first bought my projector for my new theater the dealer recommended using component over HDMI. he claimed I would get a better picture. In part I think this was because there were some adjustments available with component that were not with HDMI. I've switched from component to HDMI and frankly, even on a 104" screen, I can't tell the difference.

The component cables won't carry the sound, so you'll need to run the red and white audio cables too. It should give you good HD and sound.

Hi

Thanks everyone, That will solve that problem, I'll order a set of cables right now.
Now that the tuner works, from the dish remote this will solve my last issues.

Fingers Crossed. LOL

Mike

Hi

Thanks everyone, That will solve that problem, I'll order a set of cables right now.
Now that the tuner works, from the dish remote this will solve my last issues.

Fingers Crossed. LOL

Mike

Keep in mind that there is really nothing special about those cables. A regular set of AV cables will do the trick as long as you match colors at both ends. Use a 2nd set for the audio connections.

I also use the component cables from Dish 722 to my 50-inch Plasma 1080i HDTV; delivers HD just fine. HDMI and component are both HD delivery connections. With HDMI, you don't need separate audio cables (audio is on the HDMI), but with component, you'll need some other connection for audio.

Component will work fine but if you upgrade to Joey, there is no component connection. You can buy a converter to convert HDMI to component and the picture and sound is great.

Component will work fine but if you upgrade to Joey, there is no component connection. You can buy a converter to convert HDMI to component and the picture and sound is great.
Agreed, my Hopper is on component on my Hitachi 55" rear projector and it looks great!!! That TV only has one HDMI and it's connected to my Apple TV. Personally the display on the Hopper is better than the Apple TV because the Apple TV doesn't support 1080i, only 720p or 1080p, so I have it selected to 720p. Almost looks like watching SD on it. :)

Yes using component cables gives you and hd picture. A hdmi cable gives you digital sound and video. The component gives you an analog he picture. The hdmi will give you up to 1080p where the component only gives you1080i. So you won't be able to order 1080p pay per view movies.

I was using component cables all throughout my subscription to Time Warner, and again for the first few months I had the 722k, before I finally gave in and switched to HDMI. The picture comes in just fine.

Isn't there an issue with some channels, such as HBO, where they have implemented DRM schemes that require one to use HDMI input? I seem to remember posts about this but, using HDMI myself, I'm not sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts