Will you buy an Apple Watch?

Will you buy the first version of the Apple Watch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 57 79.2%

• Total voters
When I tried on the Apple Watch back on the 11th, I noticed that the Taptic "touch" on the two watches I tried were notably different in strength. I wonder if that was because of two different suppliers or, as I supposed at the time, the difference in mass between the 38mm and 42mm stainless steel watch bodies.

Like Don said, the first report was not an actual Apple release. Who knows if this was an attempt to drop the price of the stock or just someone trying to sow some FUD into the Internet?

You can adjust the tap in your settings on your iPhone. Mine is set to full strength and haven't missed a tap.....and yes it feels like a tap not a vibration.

That makes more sense. I would think that Apple would have all the Demo Apple Watches set to the same options but it is possible that the first watch I tried, a 42mm SS with the Milanese loop, was set to a lesser Taptic setting.

From the two stores I went to, the only watches you could test were the ones that you were allowed to put on in the reserved fitting session. In these sessions there were two types of watches. those that were not activated and those that had a demo loop. From my experience, there was no way to experiment with the iphone settings in the store, unless a salesman had one and he let you try his which may be possible now that the watches are released. When I was in the store on the 12th, the salesman said there were no watches tied to iphones at that time. So, when I got mine in, it was a new experience in the pairing and setup.

In other breaking news, it seems that the Apple watch sensors do not work properly if the wearer has a wrist tattoo. The watch can't detect if you have it on or not so the security system does not function. It was also reported that the heart beat sensor also fails. The problem is inconsistent it seems by reports and only certain tattoo inks, particularly darker inks have the problem. Natural pigmentation doesn't seem to be a problem.

Just noticed the dings ( "Pending charge" ) Apple put on my CC for the other SS watches on purchase for the past week have been removed and credit issued. That's a bad sign that I'm not going to get early delivery. :(

The next date is now back to May 13 - May 27. When I didn't get a tracking number I figured it wasn't a good sign.

Just noticed the dings ( "Pending charge" ) Apple put on my CC for the other SS watches on purchase for the past week have been removed and credit issued. That's a bad sign that I'm not going to get early delivery. :(

The next date is now back to May 13 - May 27. When I didn't get a tracking number I figured it wasn't a good sign.
Yep. My ding is gone as well. :(

Pending charges on my Chase card will appear and disappear. I think the max days they will stay are 3 days in a row.
Don't give up hope!

I still don't expect to buy one but I'll be in Vegas next weekend so I'll probably stop in at the Apple store in the Forum Shops to see what is what.

I am somewhat amazed at the number of apps on my phone that have been updated in recent weeks to add support for the Apple Watch.

Looks like I will be ordering a 38mm Sport. Not sure how much I'll wear it but I was impressed with the quality.

Reactions: stimpson
Pending charges on my Chase card will appear and disappear. I think the max days they will stay are 3 days in a row.
Don't give up hope!

Mine showed up on the 25th and disappeared today May 1st. It may be a CC rule, not Apple. If the real charge doesn't appear from the reserve hold within 5 days the reserve is dropped. Don't know as I've never really tracked it before for more than a day. Anyway, only one of mine had the full charge and that one was a credit to take it out. The longest 4 weeks I've waited in a long time. :(

Reactions: stimpson
I ordered mine on May 1st and got an email today to expect shipping in 3-5 weeks. They must still be having issues making them.

I seems it really depends on which model you order. The SS models are not shipping yet unless you are a celebrity. Seems they are the only ones to get SS so far.

True Dat!!! Mine was slated for a May 13-27 delivery. Card got charged this morning. Just got notified it ships today. I drive right by the UPS warehouse at the airport on my way to my office. So I'll stop by and pick it up on my way in tomorrow.:)

Didn't know you could do that. Here the UPS center is so automated, it goes on the truck right away and is out for delivery. Only time you can pick up is after several failed deliveries requiring a sig or you sign the card they leave on your door to hold for pickup.

No word on mine yet and it still has the May 13-27 date. Friday, the $99 SS Link bands with adapters will go on sale as well as the $79 Milanese SS bands by 3rd party. Available on Amazon.

Hey- if you do get yours, don't forget to review the start up video on the web page. Pairing is a little complicated and be sure your iphone has the latest update too. Good luck. :)

iFixit put up another "Tear Down", but this one uses X-Rays! https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Apple+Watch+X-ray+Teardown/41323

It's amazing how intricate the Apple Watch is. It's also interesting to note that the 38mm versions seem to be the more available size. Apple's Store shows 3-4 weeks (or June) versus 4-5 weeks( July) timeframe for the 42mm Apple Watch.

What made you think Android apps would run on the Apple watch? :) Even Apple iphone apps have to be coded to support the Apple watch. It's the same for Android. Android apps have to be coded to work on my Sony Android watch.

He may be thinking what I'm planning to do. Ditch the Android and go with the iphone too. As soon as I get my "Shipped" notice on my SS Apple watch, I'm off to the Verizon store and getting the 6+. I see what great advantage my wife has now with her old iphone 5 and the Apple watch and it's pretty slick. My Galaxy s5 is nice and I have few complaints but I can see the 6+ with watch being a whole new level better. Heck, I'd even jump on board with a Mac computer if it weren't for my needs for video editing. PC's are still vastly superior in that regard. Apple's infrastructure is quite appealing, and addictive.

Didn't know you could do that. Here the UPS center is so automated, it goes on the truck right away and is out for delivery. Only time you can pick up is after several failed deliveries requiring a sig or you sign the card they leave on your door to hold for pickup.

No word on mine yet and it still has the May 13-27 date. Friday, the $99 SS Link bands with adapters will go on sale as well as the $79 Milanese SS bands by 3rd party. Available on Amazon.

Hey- if you do get yours, don't forget to review the start up video on the web page. Pairing is a little complicated and be sure your iphone has the latest update too. Good luck. :)

I have an old Air Force buddy that works there. Little inside help. Pairing and set up good to go. This thing is great!!!

He may be thinking what I'm planning to do. Ditch the Android and go with the iphone too. As soon as I get my "Shipped" notice on my SS Apple watch, I'm off to the Verizon store and getting the 6+. I see what great advantage my wife has now with her old iphone 5 and the Apple watch and it's pretty slick. My Galaxy s5 is nice and I have few complaints but I can see the 6+ with watch being a whole new level better. Heck, I'd even jump on board with a Mac computer if it weren't for my needs for video editing. PC's are still vastly superior in that regard. Apple's infrastructure is quite appealing, and addictive.

Interesting. Makes sense. It might be a walled eco-system, but there is a reason so many people love it. Design, ease of use, all across the board.