WION listener map is online!

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
As of the start of this thread, it's only one week since we went to 24/7 streaming of AM Stereo 1430. Our staff is beaming ear-to-ear as word spreads, and people tune-in. SatelliteGuys mebers have helped spread the word, and some are listening far, far away...some at work, some at schools, and our title of "America's Biggest Little Radio Station" that Scott G. of this site suggested seems to be fitting more and more each day.

While its not automatically updated, we've taken data gathered thus far and created a Google map of places that consistently listen. Our average time spent listening is over 3 hours! That, in itself is a great statistic for any radio station.

So, our map is online, and we'll udpate it as often as we can. Hope to see you on it!

WION'S STREAMING LISTENERS MAP

Not seeing Darrington Washington there Jim. Please confirm it :) . Been listening all day while painting the living room. Got my wife hooked too. 45's brought back good memories for her. Your station brings a fresh life to listening to the radio.

Henry

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys App (Beta)

Hello, Henry.
I think you've helped me a great deal! The locations I noted are where your ISP's trunkline is located, yours probably in the nearby town. I've erased the nearby town and put your SPECIFIC one in. If anyone else wants this done, please let me know. Your kind words are appreciated, and the "Lost 45's" with Barry Scott is one of our most popular shows. Barry loves to hear from his listeners, too....drop him a line at "lost45.com" and let him know you found us!

Map Updated more this past week. Nice to see the online listening audience grow.
We only log towns after what appears to be a reasonable and "intentional" listening amount of time,
so you won't see the occasional town that just "pops up" for someone passing by our stream.
Our average listening time is just over 3 hours online. That's pretty long!

Anyway, the map is updated. Enjoy!

dont see anything posted in Minnesota :(

listening here in Shakopee, MN (and no not flipping to B108 either.......if you watch SNL you'll understand that)

If you're a regular online listener and your town is NOT on our map yet, please let us know. Our map only tracks those listeners who "stay on" the stream a reasonable
amount of time to reflect intentional listening, and....is not monitored overnight in the EDT time zone, so we may be missing some "fans' of the station. We want your town on the listening map, but please be honest with us..."regular" listeners take priority over "casually stopping by" now and then. (with no offense meant).....

The more accurate the map, the better representation of "America's Biggest Little Radio Station" and its listeners!

Thanks for giving us the chance to entertain you!

Yes, you show up as "TuneIn" app, but I don't know how accurately it reports the ISP's location, (which is as close as the map goes.)
Are you near any of the towns listed thus far? If not, let us know, we'll post you! We're probably missing overnight listeners!

Due to many requests, (people who want one click, not three......God forbid!)
We've moved your "listening towns online" map to a link on the front page of our WION website for direct access.
It's still on our FAQ page for those who don't mind clicking.

Hope that saves a few people a few nano-seconds of their life....

And, for a bigger reason....we're proud of the towns listening regularly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)