wiring help pre install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cjd2404

May 10, 2007
Southern Connecticut
Hi all. I am about to dump my cable for Directv. I will be ordering the MRV as well. I want to get the cabling down the wall before I call DTV to have them install.

Currently I have 4 bedrooms upstairs, only 1 will be initially installed. Those are all wired to cable (old wire) that runs from outside inside, and is split in the attic. I then have 3 TV's on the first floor. Wiring runs through the basement, also old cable from outside.

I replaced the cable inside the attic to all the rooms with RG6. I have a chase that runs to the basement, I will be running RG6 cable from the attic to the basement. I figured the SWM? will be installed in the attic, as the dish from the roof will have its cable run into the attic.

My question is how many lines do I need to run from the attic to the basement? Also my internet router is in the basement as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

How many tuners do you expect to have (DVRs count as two)? Your answer will determine how many lines will come from the dish. Since you want MRV and you are a new installation you will get an SWM system. If you have > 8 tuners then the LNB on the dish will be a non-SWM with four outputs. Here you'll need four line run to the basement. There an SWM16 will be installed to supply your receivers. If <= 8 tuners then the dish will have the one output SWM LNB. Therefore, one line run to the basement to connect to the correct splitter. Each receiver will only need one line from the basement.

Remember, NO Cable splitters allowed between the dish and the recvrs.

The SWM splitters are a different bread all together.

thanks!
Here is how I thought to configure and I didn't know if it were possible, I am fairly new to the SWM, DECA, MRV technologies.
With the dish wiring going into the attic: Looking around the internet, I see there are 1x4 and 1x8 swm splitters. If I eventually have all bedrooms upstairs with a TV could I put a 1x4 SWM splitter for upstairs, and then have 1 run to the basement with a 1x8 swm splitter for down there?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)