Please reply by conversation.

DirecTVFanSince2016

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Apr 26, 2023
Scranton, PA
Noticed today that WNEP (ABC local channel here) has been freezing and going black for a few seconds then coming back. I’m not sure if it’s a problem with the local receive facility not getting a good signal from them, or something else that isn’t within my control. (I already know it’s not the receiver because if you rewind then play you can still see the freeze, black, then back.)

The last “blackout” I noticed was at 11:34am ET. Earlier, I switched the channel to FS1 219 so I cannot look for any more “blackout”s.
Must be some kind of tropospheric thing with the OTA signal.

Noticed today that WNEP (ABC local channel here) has been freezing and going black for a few seconds then coming back. I’m not sure if it’s a problem with the local receive facility not getting a good signal from them, or something else that isn’t within my control. (I already know it’s not the receiver because if you rewind then play you can still see the freeze, black, then back.)
The last “blackout” I noticed was at 11:34am ET. Earlier, I switched the channel to FS1 219 so I cannot look for any more “blackout”s.
Must be some kind of tropospheric thing with the OTA signal.

We have a steady signal here on WNEP and WNEP2 (Antenna TV) as well as WVIA's three channels, which are hosted by WNEP's transmitter. We are 40+ miles southwest of the transmitter.

DirecTV’s LRF for the Scranton DMA must not have a steady signal then. I’m not sure where you are exactly in the DMA (but based on you saying 40+ miles SW, I’m assuming Pottsville or Tamaqua) but their LRF is in Pittston (Luzerne County).

P.S. Rabbiitears says we should only be getting WBRE and WYOU. Both are listed as poor signal, everything else as bad, but we get everything from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton market just fine with only a bit of of break up on WSWB during very windy weather. ;)

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
Status
Please reply by conversation.