Work order issues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rudyr2

Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
Now that the two year contract is up we called to renegotiate our retention. Got free install and upgrade to Genie and two clients to replace the non-hd equipment for three rooms we have now. However, after two installation dates the tech company rolls up with a work order that just says to swap the living room unit to the HR34 Genie. So I called retention and they said they didn't know why it was entered that way. Retention also told me that they were not installing any of the C31 client units right now because they are having many issues. They offered two other units (H22 maybe? Dont remember) instead of the C31. So I put it on hold until I can figure out if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Any input?
Thanks for reading.
RR

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

There are many threads about the advantages of having an hd receiver instead of a client box. There are also threads about the opposite!

:welcome to SatelliteGuys as raouls said above and I personally like the boxes over the clients as you get more to do than clients does but that imo:)

not to mention to were if something goes wrong with the 34 (genie) then you will be completely out of tv until it is fixed. You should try and talk them into at least 1 of those boxes to be a hddvr. More recording options, ability to pause live tv ect, Being the problems with the W/O you might get lucky and they give you one for free.

take the other units, better then a c31 anyday
or see if they will bump them up to hd-dvr's

Clients do have some advantages, but at this point they're outweighed by the disadvantages.
Advantages: Smaller, full DVR functionality
Disadvantages: Rely on the HR34 (Genie), if the Genie goes down so do the clients. Reliability.. Clients still have some software issues, they're a little slow.. also, if your receivers are connected to the internet with a CCK or CCK-W then there are issues that can interfere with client connecting with the Genie.. again, it's a software thing they're working on.
So, might be best if you went with the receivers.

not to mention to were if something goes wrong with the 34 (genie) then you will be completely out of tv until it is fixed. You should try and talk them into at least 1 of those boxes to be a hddvr. More recording options, ability to pause live tv ect, Being the problems with the W/O you might get lucky and they give you one for free.

I'm thinking about going with the genie and c31 client, am I reading this comment correctly that the clients cannot pause, rewind "live" tv. If this is correct it might be a game changer for me. What about the HR34,(My bad, I orignally had C 31 and as was pointed out to me this doesn't exist) does this comment apply to it as well.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about going with the genie and c31 client, am I reading this comment correctly that the clients cannot pause, rewind "live" tv. If this is correct it might be a game changer for me. What about the C34, does this comment apply to it as well.

The clients are just a link to the HR34. As such the HR34 does all the pause, rewind stuff. So yes you can pause and rewind live tv where ever there is a C-31. I have never heard of a C-34.

yes the c31 can pause, rewind live tv, ect, they are just a direct extension from the hr34. In the first post were they was trying to give you the hd receivers (h22 i believe you said) in place of the clients (c31) you wouldnt be able to pause live tv.

yes the c31 can pause, rewind live tv, ect, they are just a direct extension from the hr34. In the first post were they was trying to give you the hd receivers (h22 i believe you said) in place of the clients (c31) you wouldnt be able to pause live tv.

And an H22 doesn't exist :)

And an H22 doesn't exist :)

As Hutch said, the H22 doesn'tr exist, if your talking about the HR22, then Yes, you can pause and do all the things any other recorder can do, include pause TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)