Working as Dish Network Satellite TV Technician.

Question I have a interview with dish I want to know I have enough room in my driveway for the van but it will make it extremely hard for my family to get out in the mornings for the daily commute to work is there anyway I can park the van at my relatives house which is like 6 mins away and drive to get it every morning or rent a garage to store it in or do they have a staging area I can park it at and drive my personals to and from there you get to take the van home with you but I have 4 cars in my driveway and I don't want to make it hard on my family but I need this opportunity

Are you serious? You mean if they offer you pie, or cookies you can't take them? What about a Coke, or water?

Being "rules heavy" is an understatement. I get the biggest kick out of DNSC (Dish Network Service Center, the techs that work directly for dish) techs always needing to put the orange cones out behind their vans no matter where they park. Even if is at the end of a mile dirt driveway, like someone isn't going to hit the van "because" the cones are there.

But seriously, Cyril, are you serious about the pie?
Insurance may require it or at least provide a discount to Dish.

Little late on that response. That one in particular was done in 2011. LOL. Easy to mix up the dates on an old dead thread though.

techs always needing to put the orange cones out behind their vans no matter where they park. Even if is at the end of a mile dirt driveway, like someone isn't going to hit the van "because" the cones are there.
All the comcast and wow guys put the cones out here too, even if they are parked in the driveway.
My local Lennox distributor makes the counter guys wear orange safety vests because they have to go in the warehouse to get parts.
Gotta love insurance companies and lawyers.

The reason for the cones is not to protect the truck, but to force the technician to get out of his van to move them.

This way the technician can check behind the van and make sure there are no kids, animals or anything they could make a mistake and run over by accident

The initial statement about the cones was from 2011. Someone else brought it up today, answering it. The Claude answered it again.

Reactions: JSheridan
The initial statement about the cones was from 2011. Someone else brought it up today, answering it. The Claude answered it again.

DishSubLA was the one who dredged up the cones. I have no idea why. I was answering the new post about the van. And who cares anyway how old the thread is? I don't. :)

I am so glad I no longer work for the local RSP in this area. I am so glad I went independent and became an authorized retailer. That being said, there are other headaches with being a retailer, but at least I won't penalize myself for rescheduling a job because I don't want to work outside when it is -6F outside!

Reactions: dishcomm
All the comcast and wow guys put the cones out here too, even if they are parked in the driveway.
My local Lennox distributor makes the counter guys wear orange safety vests because they have to go in the warehouse to get parts.
Gotta love insurance companies and lawyers.
shows us how ignorant and petty America has become.

Last I checked it was starting $16/hour. The points were used to calculated things like bonuses and raises. This is just for DNS.

How much the in-techs make now, at the end of 2015?
Is it still $1.70 per point, or it is per hour ?

$1.70 a point??? Damn I sure hope you are getting 90+ points at least for a 4room otherwise rip off much!
I know I was barely making $65 per 4room when I left that garbage RSP Via Sat. Most RSP's don't pay nothing and will find ways to milk everything out of the tech usually at no fault of their own.

This question is prob better off or even the whole thread to be in the Installer Zone anyway.

That being the starting pay, it's not to bad. As far as some of the benefits, there are a few. 80% college repayment plan, medical, dental, free or reduced tv service with top packaging. Most the bonuses and raises are percentages earned from their pay. As a CSR I got a 35-40% bonus almost monthly. My raises were always maxed.

Is working as a Satellite TV Tech with Dish Network a good job? Dish Network is currently hiring for sat techs (no not a contractor, with Dish Network directly). And my step dads friend basically guaranteed me a job there since I already have experience installing cable with cox (subcontractor), I'm SCTE certified (if that helps), and he works with dish currently. Was wondering if it's a regular 8 hour a day job, and if they are paid piece wages or hourly (tired of piece wages). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
If you like impossible to meet and constantly changing metrics, extreme micromanagement. having to sell ancillary services such as hanging tv's and screen cleaners, long hours, illogical routing and late day or evening call outs, go for it.....