World Junior Hockey Gold Medal Game

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Tonight, Canada takes on Russia in the Gold Medal game for the World Juniors in Buffalo, NY.

My research is telling me that it will be broadcast at 7:30pm EST on NHL Network.

The thing is, I don't get that channel. Will it be broadcast on any other station or am I out of luck?

Tonight, Canada takes on Russia in the Gold Medal game for the World Juniors in Buffalo, NY.

My research is telling me that it will be broadcast at 7:30pm EST on NHL Network.

The thing is, I don't get that channel. Will it be broadcast on any other station or am I out of luck?

Out of luck I'm afraid, HD. It's only available on the NHL Network in the US.

Too bad, this is a VERY big game. This is Canada's version of March Madness, the entire country is riveted to it.

Sandra

Great game last night for anyone who tuned in!

Canada quickly amassed a 3-0 lead and it appeared to be a blowout... until the 3rd period where Russia stormed back to score FIVE consecutive goals! The NHL has a lot of great young talent waiting in the wings.

I must say, Hockey is growing on me. With a crappy basketball and football team in my city, I think Hockey is what will get me through this winter. Love the physicalness, constant action, speed, limited commercials/time-outs, etc.

My Canadian Wife sat in the Living Room dressed in her Canada Olympic Jersey, with tears of joy in the first two periods which quickly became tears of sorrow in the third period. I told her it is was the Buffalo Curse. Now since the area is called "Buffalo Ontario", you have to take the good with the bad. The bad being "Wide Right" "No Goal" "Homerun Throwback" "Drury and Briere gone within 8 hours" and now the "Russian Revenge".:rant:

Great game last night for anyone who tuned in!

Canada quickly amassed a 3-0 lead and it appeared to be a blowout... until the 3rd period where Russia stormed back to score FIVE consecutive goals! The NHL has a lot of great young talent waiting in the wings.

I must say, Hockey is growing on me. With a crappy basketball and football team in my city, I think Hockey is what will get me through this winter. Love the physicalness, constant action, speed, limited commercials/time-outs, etc.

This has turned into a national day of sports mourning in Canada. This would be the equivalent in the US to...well, actually there IS nothing equivalent in the US. Hockey is more than a sport in Canada, it's a religion. And Canadians do not take kindly to losing to other countries in their own religion.

HD, if you go to just ONE NHL game in a very loud arena (Chicago, Detroit, Montreal, New York, San Jose, Vancouver), you will be hooked for life. The intensity is amazing.

Don't go to an Islander game at the Mausoleum though...you'll be so depressed you'll want to commit hari-kari.

Sandra

Last edited:
I kept seeing commercials of this guy...

622036537B8CC11A5856BA8D551083.jpg

In no other sport I know would THIS guy be an athlete. In hockey, Lanny McDonald is a legend. I think I'm already hooked!!!

My Canadian Wife sat in the Living Room dressed in her Canada Olympic Jersey, with tears of joy in the first two periods which quickly became tears of sorrow in the third period. I told her it is was the Buffalo Curse. Now since the area is called "Buffalo Ontario", you have to take the good with the bad. The bad being "Wide Right" "No Goal" "Homerun Throwback" "Drury and Briere gone within 8 hours" and now the "Russian Revenge".:rant:

My GF (originally from Calgary) was in the same Canadian jersey. Same emotions as your wife. It was intense last night!

The part I found funny was that during the Silver Medal round (USA vs. Sweden), there were more Canadian fans in the stands than USA fans. Yesterday, Canada invaded Buffalo. Quite the sight, eh!!!

My GF (originally from Calgary) was in the same Canadian jersey. Same emotions as your wife. It was intense last night!

The part I found funny was that during the Silver Medal round (USA vs. Sweden), there were more Canadian fans in the stands than USA fans. Yesterday, Canada invaded Buffalo. Quite the sight, eh!!!

The reason there were so many Canadians there, was the pricing. They were getting more those junior games than actual nhl games played by the Sabres. I love hockey but it will be a cold day in hell before I pay $250 (face value - not scalped pricing) for an upper bowl seat at a Junior's Championship Game. Hell for that price, I can get on Criag's List, buy two upper bowl tickets to Buffalo play Toronto at the ACC, pay for parking, and get a dinner at Gretzky's or the SpaghettI Warehouse.:)

Some retribution???

I just heard on a TO radio station that the entire Russian team was kicked off a Delta flight bound for Atlanta due to rowdieness this morning. They were last seen leaving the airport, destination unknown.

I had tell our young son, that only watched to the end of the second, that Canada had lost.:(

Steve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)