Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I got a call on EASTER morning of all mornings... from Directv demanding that I make a payment on my account to avoid service interuption.. Heres the issue.. my account is current and a payment was made well in advance. really Directv! Really?????

I told the lady (whom sounded latinish) my account is current I made a payment last Saturday. The lady was I see that, and I'm notating your account. This leads me to a few questions! 1. Why are you calling me on Easter Sunday? And why are you calling me on an account that is current saying its past due! Directv WOW! Just WOW! Here is the kicker.... I had only missed the payment deadline by a week due to a change in pay periods. I wasnt even a month behind.

Ignorance its finest Directv. Just wow!

Can't you check your account online? I would check the status of your account to make sure the payment was posted. I always check the day my statement comes online and the next couple of days to make sure the auto-payment was processed.

The account status online shows that the payment was made, and its already been debited out of my checking account. It shows that the current amount due is 0.00.

DirecTV's billing is crazy. I just got off the phone with them since they are suppose to apply credit for my problems I had with my receiver and it didn't show on my new bill. The CSR said it will be applied May & June 4th instead of at my cycle date. The point I'm making is there billing system is for the birds, this is probably while you got called.

The phone number it came from was 1-888-265-3880. I think it was legit and had DIRECTV listed as the caller ID.
Numbers can be masked. I would call DirecTV directly by their official number and have a CSR check to see if such a call was made and if the lady you talked to actually put that in her notes.

Im sure they do... The number traces back to directv through 1800 notes.

I would call that number back and see what happens. IF D* does answer, I would question them about calling you about a bill already paid and gone thru the automated pay process.

You say it cleared a week ago , or yesterday ?

Numbers can be masked. I would call DirecTV directly by their official number and have a CSR check to see if such a call was made and if the lady you talked to actually put that in her notes.

Dodger, come on man, the CSR that answers will have NO IDEA what he's talking about.

I would call that number back and see what happens. IF D* does answer, I would question them about calling you about a bill already paid and gone thru the automated pay process.

That could be fun!

"4/24/2011...called cx @ act # xxxxxxx to get payment//Cx stated already PD// told cx he was all paid// Told cx notating I called 4/24 to ask payment when PD//CX became belligerent and stated it was Sunday morning & Easter// Gave cx 1 yr free RFD channel// CX hung up real loud so I just canceled the free RFD channel for his ass!...END

Joe

Last edited:
Jimbo said:
Dodger, come on man, the CSR that answers will have NO IDEA what he's talking about.

Yeah they would. They should have it in their notes. They are supposed to record all info, especially when they state they will make a note of it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

for fun I called that number....they say "directv" but the auto system sounds like its on a speakerphone. It's NOT the normal Directv message I hear when I call them

I agree...sounds like a scam

Boy this thread sure seems familiar..kinda like some of the ones that used to be in the E* forum......

Hemi the bottom line is that they have every right to call if they think the account is past due; like it or not. The user commented it was paid late but it was paid; issue solved. Don't be late on payments and it likely won't happen. When it does, follow up and get it cleared up similar to what this user did. Being Sunday and being Easter has nothing to do with it. It also has nothing to do with being DirecTV or not; they all can and will do it.

The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) sets guidelines for when debt collectors can call:

They can call between 8am and 9pm, your local time
They can call you at work if they do not know your employer disapproves
They can call you once more after receiving a cease and desist letter

What about weekends and holidays? Fortunately, many businesses, including collection agencies, are closed on weekends and holidays. Although the FDCPA doesn't specifically state which days of the week collectors can and cannot call, so if they are open, they CAN call you.
If a collector calls at a bad time, simply say, "This is not a convenient time" and let them know specifically what time is convenient.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)