WS7230 dish with SG6100 Monster Motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

l33thax3d

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
I'm moving forward on my FTA Project. Thanks to SatelliteAV for the great receiver he has provided me, The GEOSATPRO microHD. The receiver seems well built and well liked, and Brian is a great help! I also ended up getting a SG6100 motor and got a WS7630 from a yardsale this weekend, so I won't need to try to modify my superdish.

So I have

GEOSATPRO MicroHD
SG6100 Monster Motor
WS7630 Dish

I removed the DirectTV dish off my home, that i purchased today. I put the dish together, and put the bracket on the motor. According to the book, I have to aim the SG6100 at true south. Could I put a iPhone on the arm that leads to the LNB and set it to True South and tighten the bolts up?

Also, The way the SG6100 looks built, it appears to have 2 holes on each of the rotating shaft, that I assume are spouse to be hooked to the adjustable bracket on the back of the dish, but doesn't appear to hook to the 7630 bracket.... any idea's anyone....

Could I have the dish pointed at true south, and have the motor pointed at true West or East. The motor would be pointed at 0 degrees to start, could it track correctly that way or would it be off.

Thanks all....

Could you post some pictures? It helps a lot of us to better visualize the problem! I think I know where you're coming from. My 90 inch dish is mounted with clamps onto the shaft, but a lot of the 75-80 cm dishes are mounted with a nut and bolt through the shaft. So, could you take a picture of the 7630 bracket and of the 6100 motor shaft and explain -- is it that the holes don't line up, or...? The dish does fit on the shaft though, right?

The motor shaft should be pointed at 0, and the motor + dish should be pointing at true south to start out. You probably won't get 100% accuracy on aiming at your true south (you have to account for magnetic declination, as well). Just get it close, and then I would use USALS to move your dish to your closest true south satellite...probably 72 or 83W. At that point, you can play with the dish moving slightly up and down or side to side until you get a hint of signal and reception :)

Yard sale? Sounds good. What did they cost? Appear to have ever been in service?

Show us some pictures. Wonder if any parts are missing?

We have a FAQ on motor setup & there is only one right way.

I wouldn't suggest having your iPhone on the arm, and accidently pointing anywhere near the sun...

Yes, it could heat up and damage your phone.

Yes seems too. That bracket has a c clamp that came with it. The tab that sticks out wont work with the motor arm unless if the motor is off 90 degrees of it its removed. Guessing the tab is there for the bottom stationary mounts so the dish cant slide down the pole.

Bend the tab out of the way or remove it (cut it off). U-bolt to motor shaft.
Looks like the bottom slot, of the dish mount, could be 'married' to the holes in the motor shaft to 'square' it. (long bolt or threaded rod through it?)

Thanks, its comming along, Instead of removing the tab, I drilled a hole into motor, so the motor and satellite would be mounted exactly where they should be. and then it cant slide down or anything. I found out the bottom bracket could be placed into 2 different positions, also. but one position will make the elevation bracket be wrong... will keep u guys updated!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts