WWE Royal Rumble confirmed for HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryVolunteer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
Below is the news story. I ahve checked DirecTV's website and they are already advertising that it will be available via HD. Great News for some of us!

Just as expected, the January 27, 2008 WWE Royal Rumble will indeed be airing in HD, and considering that the event itself sold out in five hours, catching it via HD pay-per-view is likely your best remaining option. Reportedly, the high-definition broadcast of Royal Rumble will be available via DirecTV and "digital cable" providers, but we're not entirely sure if it'll be accessible on every provider out there. Unfortunately, those requesting the event in HD will be dinged for an extra $10 ($49.95 versus $39.95 in SD), but hey, that's still a fair bit cheaper than snapping up a ticket from a scalper.[

I have a question in to Dish Network to see if they are carrying it as well. :)

This will be the first WWE PPV I have ordered in a LONG time. :D

Scott, If you have some time we would like to see a review from you on WWE Royal Rumble in HD.

DTV Guide and zap2it has WWE Raw for 01/07 @ 9pm in HD. Also, WWE A.M. Raw for 01/06 @ 2am.

Its about time! Between that and TNA/UFC getting regular HD service, what a wonderful world...

I have a question in to Dish Network to see if they are carrying it as well. :)

This will be the first WWE PPV I have ordered in a LONG time. :D

I was thinking about it too. First I would have ever ordered a PPV for wrestling. The Royal Rumble is by far my favorite event.

I was thinking about it too. First I would have ever ordered a PPV for wrestling. The Royal Rumble is by far my favorite event.
Yeah... typically me and my friends would go to Hooters and see the WWF PPV's for free (minus food and drink.) Now that I have access to WWF HD, I will likely be hosting my first ever PPV party. Should be interesting to have 5 people in my small bedroom. I may have to set up the Aero Bed for the one poor sap who gets to lay on the floor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirecTV Poor Customer Service

I'm switching when this is available...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)