OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

Confirm the YouTube implementation.

Personally, YouTube and weather apps are nice additions, but they are only fluff. The problem with this receiver is that the more important motor issues remain. Until those motor control issues are addressed, it will remain connected to a fixed dish.

If the motor control is addressed, it would be a nice hobbyist receiver. Right now the motor control would drive any hobbyist crazy and I am only connecting it occasionally to review firmware updates.

the ez manager is only good for editing the sharebank and deleting/adding sats.
It crashes when you want to play with the user database.
I think it was originally for an older receiver,the pdf doesn't even match the program in many areas.

Nice!! Glad to hear YouTube is working.

Last edited:
I was able to get the motor control to work consistently by setting up my arc with USALS. Then at each sat position I drive the motor using USALS and then change the motor setting to one of the 32 diseqc positions and store it. I have it working perfect up here at 71w 43n.

rrob311 said:
I was able to get the motor control to work consistently by setting up my arc with USALS. Then at each sat position I drive the motor using USALS and then change the motor setting to one of the 32 diseqc positions and store it. I have it working perfect up here at 71w 43n.

Interesting work around to the USALS problems, but you are using DiSEqC 1.2 to control your motor and not USALS. I would not suggest that this is satisfactory solution as many systems have many more than 32 satellite positions.

How do you deal with the motor movements without ability to exit until the motor movement completes?

I see how many beers I can chug while the message is on the screen. ;)

The positioning works well at this point. I only scan from 61w to 125w on motorized so I am all set there with 32 positions. However I have been experiencing diseqc switching problems after driving the motor. IE: I switch from port 3 where my Cband dish is and then go back to port 1 with KU usals setup and the dish will move but it can't/forgets to switch the diseqc switch. So I just reset the box and when it powers back up the switching is complete. As long as I leave it on the same port and use the motorized dish it works fine. Hopefully the manufacturer can easily fix this problem. For 50$ shipped im not complaining though.

Last edited:
I bought 2 Pieces because of this forum and its really very good receiver...
Nice Build for Hardware
Its have clear photo and best than most of the receivers also its easy to Upgrade via FTP..

techs said:
{post deleted by iceberg)

This post is more than a little fishy... Sounds very similar to last week's deleted post from an international ISP saying the same thing and promoting theft of service... Hmmmmm...

Yes, it is easy to upgrade as most receivers are. Too bad the motor operation is an issue. Nice receiver if only connected to a fixed dish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this STB even legal to sell in the states?

What gets me is that Amazon is warehousing and selling a STB that to the best of by knowledge is illegal and for sure gray area. Amazon will not provide documents when I asked them in a chat. I have opened a case with them if that can’t provide documents showing its legal then I’m pushing the issue it’s BS if you ask me. (I could be wrong and if it’s all legal then I waste time and effort however full transparency would have been nice in the first place)

I don’t think it’s fair to the guys who imported legal stb’s (RS-1933, MicroHD, DBS6000HD)

Last edited:
Agreed! Glad to hear someone is challenging a questionable product.

Amazon should only allow the distribution of goods that have required license and certification for the region that the product had been sold into. I find it odd that they are warehousing and distributing products without FCC compliance and electrical safety certification. Would be interesting to see the FCC get involved with Amazon and EBay and control the flow of non-compliant products.

Theft of service must be preinstalled as entry of a 4 digit code activates the STB for key sharing.

4 digit code just opens menu selections,and it doesn't mean it actually works the way described for u.s.There are many menu items tha't don't even work and were dessigned for euro use

4 digit code just opens menu selections,and it doesn't mean it actually works the way described for u.s.There are many menu items tha't don't even work and were dessigned for euro use

As I recall.... a North American STB distributor lost the Dish Network Lawsuit based partially on the claims of providing the capability in the receivers original factory firmware. No matter what anyone's opinion of the legalities involved... Advertising native patch support for a receiver distributed in North America is just plain stupid any way that you want to look at it!

I am amazed at what people will put up with.
But then, that was the norm on many far-from-perfect receivers.
Something for everybody. ;)

OTHER Default Syrian Drama 97w 11898 22000 V not working?

OTHER Diseqc 1.2 motor on a budget