OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

As I heard, youtube, weather forecaster , the RS232 access, and there are other features that I'll not mention. Mine is in transit so I will need to wait to test. I recalled you ordered one, did they already sent you your replacement??? Load it and let us know your though.

As I heard, youtube, weather forecaster , the RS232 access, and there are other features that I'll not mention. Mine is in transit so I will need to wait to test. I recalled you ordered one, did they already sent you your replacement??? Load it and let us know your though.

Received the replacement on 10/5/2012. Here was my overview of the unit. http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...tellite-Receiver-for-49?p=2988301#post2988301

Since my mini review, YouTube and Weather app has been fixed. The STB works fine with a fixed dish, but motor and switch control is flaky.

I am developing a new receiver based on a chipset by NT and I know that it has a lot of potential, but this receiver is a typical implementation for the needs of a patch customer. Not a strong hobbyist receiver. This may change as the manufacturer is very interested in the North American market. Not sure that it is the hobbyist market...

How does the receiver work with just the motor and no switch

I have had no issues if I just use my motorized ku dish alone with the receiver. I drove the sat to each bird that I use and then switch it to diseqc memory and store the position. It works flawlessly for me doing this. There are only 32 settings however. I use about 15 or so where I am scanning from 99w-125w. The main trouble I have is when using 4-1 switch it will not switch back to the motorized dish although the motor will move to the proper position.

[FONT=&amp]Since Amazon is warehousing and providing fulfillment for a product they can’t or refuse to produce documents showing it has passed FCC part 15 and UL certification I would think one would have to say it’s illegal.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The fact Amazon does not care what their Asian buddies send into their many warehouses for them to promote and sell.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&amp]Does this make Amazon Un-American?

I Guess Not its off [/FONT]
:)[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
I have had no issues if I just use my motorized ku dish alone with the receiver. I drove the sat to each bird that I use and then switch it to diseqc memory and store the position. It works flawlessly for me doing this. There are only 32 settings however. I use about 15 or so where I am scanning from 99w-125w. The main trouble I have is when using 4-1 switch it will not switch back to the motorized dish although the motor will move to the proper position.

A correct answer is that USALS motor control is not properly implemented. The work around using DiSEqC 1.2 works, but DiSEqC 1.2 is limited to 32 motorized satellite positions.

Last edited:
[FONT=&]Since Amazon is warehousing and providing fulfillment for a product they can’t or refuse to produce documents showing it has passed FCC part 15 and UL certification I would think one would have to say it’s illegal.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]The fact Amazon does not care what their Asian buddies send into their many warehouses for them to promote and sell.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Does this make Amazon Un-American?[/FONT]

Noted that the item has been pulled from EBay. Thought that Amazon had stricter selling policies than EBay????

Yup gone from Amazon too.

I do hope to see it back but as a legal box with proper FCC and UL certification. Everyone should play by the same rules.

I do hope to see it back but as a legal box with proper FCC and UL certification. Everyone should play by the same rules.

Yes Sir I totally Agree. Competition is awesome but only when people play fair.

I bet you will... ;)

miniHD.JPG

Re: X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver for $49

Mine still coming ordered last week on friday.. from amazon.

Haha I wonder who contacted amazon to pull em lol.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I did kill mine for a few days but was able to recover via rs232 and xmodem.
I loaded a corrupt app1 file and it was stuck on the boot option menu.
I was able to figure out the proper format for the app1 and using xmodem got it working again.

OTHER Default Syrian Drama 97w 11898 22000 V not working?

OTHER Diseqc 1.2 motor on a budget

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)