OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

58w will but for the wrong receiver (satmex instead of x2 fta,whatever receiver they use)
the receiver won't boot after that and you have to recover via usb

Just a couple quick notes about EZ Tool. It is a little odd and not expected program behavior. Like you cant cut and paste, no import functions. But, getting used to these issues makes using it easier. For instance, when you receive a file from the STB, you need to select the appropriate data. If you want to change the logo, you need to receive the file that contains the logo AND OPEN IT. It wont open automatically once you receive it. Once I did this, I saw the logo file options available. I was also able to change the logo and save the SSU. BUT, the STB bombed out during the upload and had to be hard reset. I did this several times and it timed out at different times each one. Looks almost like a communications issue. I say that because the failure timeout changed when I changed the port speed. Looks like they modified someone elses software and the final versions still need some cleanup. But, the frequent updates look promising. Lets hope they keep coming!

Well I figured I would post about the ezm tool. Before I would get stuck with opening the file with version 1.04. I now got ezm version 1.07. I also have the instructions for downloading. Since I have to goto work this morning. To get stuff off the receiver you are going to backup the userdatabase from the receiver to a usb drive. Looks like jugghedd beat me to most of it. As for the cut and paste. The old tool is old when I read the text document and I don't think the 1.07 is much newer. My experiance with programmers is get the thing working first. Then add the extra goodies in the next version. So if anybody has ezm newer than 1.07. That would be nice to try.
Crtl C and Ctrl V works But I only tried it in network dvb-s. Love the keyboard shortcuts.

TTFN,

Josh

The v1.07 release has detail guide instructions in *.pdf/ word and even a video. You will need to have your box already updated to latest firmware dated March 30 2013. From there you make your Database backup to your USB. Open your EZM v1.0.7 and follow the instructions given. I'll like to mentioned that the all rename channels need to be change to SID Service ID 0(cero) before saving the database. In this way the new name will still show up in the box when doing new blindscannings eventhough the regular Ch-1, Ch-2 will be added at the end (pretty similar to the Openboxes or Ali editors). Once you finished doing all the changes and have saved the new database to your USB you will need to re-load the latest firmware to the box and load the database from there fresh clean.

you can now open the database file from receiver,but you can't save it as a database file,the same problem as the previous version.
It wouldn't open the database file from march 27 firmware,but you can open the march 30 database and you can load the march 30 database to march 27 firmware and it works.
It actually works better,since when you turn the receiver off and back on it is actually on the last channel you viewed,unlike the march 27 firmware/database.

Thanks xtgold ...my problem is that the receiver will only let me put 4 ( 0's ) in not five...for the password....and that makes it impossible to add the right password

5 zeros is for an ftp program,not the receiver.
The receiver should already be set up to do ftp update firmware by network with the default firmware name.
Get an ftp program for the pc like ftp explorer or file zilla.

it depends on what firmware you have in it now.
The url for the update file on the update by network screen varies from firmware to firmware,so for example the american x2 firmware has a different url than the star com.If you load manually you have to do a factory reset,and then the url changes to match the receiver.

one firmware says star com hd ultra on the boot screen,which seems to be a ripoff of the legit starcom company.
The legit starcom company has no model of that name.

Hi ... ok Carlospr43 and XTgold I updated my X2 to the latest software and sat data base ...now my USALS is working perfectly ..I must admit I was ready to throw it out the window ...I would ask it to go to this bird and it would go to the opposite side of the continent .... I'm happy for now ....I just need to find out about the card reader and see what its for ... for the money this seems like a good box ... I'm glad I followed the thread and picked one up ....thanks guys

Hi ... ok Carlospr43 and XTgold I updated my X2 to the latest software and sat data base ...now my USALS is working perfectly ..I must admit I was ready to throw it out the window ...I would ask it to go to this bird and it would go to the opposite side of the continent .... I'm happy for now ....I just need to find out about the card reader and see what its for ... for the money this seems like a good box ... I'm glad I followed the thread and picked one up ....thanks guys

If you mean the reader in the front, I believe it would be used for paid subscription based services that use a card such as DirectTV and Dish. There are other places within the software to enter credentials for other restricted services.

Hi jugghedd....If I'm not mistaken I think in Asia you can buy cards like calling cards that give you access to programing their like the pay as you go type of thing ...and I'm using the North American software ... I don't think it has any hidden menus ..... if I'm wrong some one please step in and set the record straight ....

The card reader has no use in North America for Dish, Direct, Shaw, Bell or Globecast. These subscription providers will not provide authorization on 3rd party hardware.