XBOX One Owners Thread

Lol it would take half the day just to download and install it, let alone beat it

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Looks like Xbox One is getting native Keyboard and Mouse support.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/halo-wars-2/xbox-one-keyboard-and-mouse-support

Another note is that since the new Xbox One controllers will have bluetooth built in, they don't need their own dongle to work. If your machine has bluetooth it will work natively.

I guess there is no point in worrying about competitive multiplayer in all their cross platform games with Windows 10 anymore. I'm mostly being sarcastic since probably 99% of Xbox One users will stick with a controller but now you will wonder if that person who is dominating you in COD has an unfair aim advantage.

I think it's more to allow for different types of games to come on the One. In the article Phil Spencer mentioned DOTA 2 and LoL, games that would be much worse with a controller. They probably want to tap into the MOBA market since it's the big thing now. But I think there is part of what you mentioned as well, in that if they're serious about allowing cross platform gaming then this will help level the field a bit more.

Gears of War 4's Horde Mode will have an interesting feature where every player can play the maps that the host has. Meaning that as long as the host has the map, you can play it as well. Traditionally in Horde mode EVERYONE had to have the maps, but now just the host. I guess the thinking is that people will play these other maps and want to buy them to play by themselves, but I think what will most LIKELY happen is friends will pool together resources and give money to whoever plays the game the most and have THEM buy the Season Pass and play all the maps that way. This also raises questions about how or if they'll do host migration for Horde games.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/95...nly-requires-host-to-own-maps-for-all-to-play

Gears of War 4's Horde Mode will have an interesting feature where every player can play the maps that the host has. Meaning that as long as the host has the map, you can play it as well. Traditionally in Horde mode EVERYONE had to have the maps, but now just the host. I guess the thinking is that people will play these other maps and want to buy them to play by themselves, but I think what will most LIKELY happen is friends will pool together resources and give money to whoever plays the game the most and have THEM buy the Season Pass and play all the maps that way. This also raises questions about how or if they'll do host migration for Horde games.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/95...nly-requires-host-to-own-maps-for-all-to-play

Hopefully it's just host in name only. It would be a major downgrade to go back to a p2p system that relies on a host's internet connection to determine what kind of experience the whole group will have after Gears 3, Judgement, and every game I'm aware of on PS4 and Xbox One having dedicated servers.

If so there would be no need for host migration since everyone will be connected to a dedicated server instead of the host's Xbox One directly. It also eliminates the host advantage that was such a big problem in competitive Gears 1 and 2 multiplayer. The host always had practically zero latency since everything was managed from his/her console. This would often lead to the host dominating because everyone else had significantly more delay.

These are some very nice additions to backwards compatibility.

Edit: Just realized this is L4D1 and not 2. It's still pretty cool though.

Yeah I'm not sure there's still a big player base of L4D1 on 360. Maybe it'll inspire players to fire it up again like Black Ops 1 did, but it's not like that game even has a big player base on PC anymore, as the vast majority just moved on to L4D2 since they basically imported the entire game into it.

Hated 2, because I played so much of 1, I think. Big titles but not really interested in either though.

L4D1 + P2 = Half-Life 3 confirmed.

Yeah I'm not sure there's still a big player base of L4D1 on 360. Maybe it'll inspire players to fire it up again like Black Ops 1 did, but it's not like that game even has a big player base on PC anymore, as the vast majority just moved on to L4D2 since they basically imported the entire game into it.

Yeah, I liked the characters from L4D1 better too but I would still rather play L4D 2 any day. They brought everything from L4D1 forward as DLC with the improved mechanics from L4D2 like melee weapons added in. Knowing that I'm not sure why they would bring L4D1 to backwards compatibility instead of L4D2. The first game was basically abandoned after everything got moved into the sequel.

The only downside is that you had to buy the DLC on Xbox even though it was free on PC. Valve was very vocal about the fact that they wanted to make the DLC free on Xbox too but Microsoft wouldn't let them.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2010/10/valve-disses-microsoft-xbox-360-with-679-left-4-dead-2/

If you were one of those lucky few that picked up a free digital copy of Fallout 4 yesterday due to a Marketplace glitch, I hope you beat it already, because the license is being revoked and you won't have it anymore.

http://www.neowin.net/news/fallout-...ee-to-download-but-licenses-are-being-revoked

Looks like those of you who had your free access to Fallout 4 taken away are getting $10 marketplace credits to compensate you for the emotional distress they put you through.

You might have heard about Microsoft's new custom controller options during E3. I was going to buy another controller today so I could dedicate one to my Steam Link instead of shifting them back and forth depending on which device I'm using. It would have made more financial sense to buy the standard black controller that is currently available on Amazon for $43.99. I decided to take a look at the custom options for $79.99 though. There is also an option to have your gamertag or whatever else you like (16 character limit) engraved for an extra $10. I passed on that option.

I made a few different designs. I did one based on the Tigers, one based on the Lions, and a completely random one that ended up looking like Flash or Iron Man before settling on a Fallout themed controller. Even if you aren't interested in spending $80 on a controller it might be worth checking out the website just for the fun of it. I do wish there were more color options for the face buttons.

https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/?xr=shellnav

I should point out that the extra money you are spending on this controller does buy you a couple improvements over the standard controller too. You get the textured grip from the $150 Xbox Elite controller, improved thumb sticks, and both the proprietary Xbox wireless protocol and bluetooth support. This means that if your PC has bluetooth support you no longer need to buy the wireless dongle. It also means that Xbox One controllers will finally work wirelessly with the Steam Link. They didn't support the dongle so you had to use a USB cable before. Of course, this improved controller is also available for pre-order without the custom design for $59.99.

Unfortunately the new controller isn't being released until August and the custom models don't ship until the beginning of September. Anyways I have rambled on long enough... Here is my new Fallout themed, custom controller.

[GALLERY=media, 468]Controller 2 by king3pj posted Jun 27, 2016 at 11:49 AM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 469]Controller 3 by king3pj posted Jun 27, 2016 at 11:49 AM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 470]Controller 4 by king3pj posted Jun 27, 2016 at 11:49 AM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 471]Controller by king3pj posted Jun 27, 2016 at 11:49 AM[/GALLERY]

Reactions: meStevo
I messed around with a couple other designs I have no intention of ordering just because I like seeing the different combinations. I'm kind of surprised that they aren't allowing people to design their own Xbox One S on this website too. I have to think that is coming if this does well for them.

If I ever went crazy and ordered a second one I would probably go with my Lions design. I'm a much bigger fan of the Tigers but I think the Lion's color scheme looks cooler with the choices they have available.

Here is a Joker themed controller I put together.

Cm01

Rt08

Detroit Lions...

Rt08

Cm06

And Iron Man/ The Flash

Rt08