XM Holiday channels, A Nashville Christmas

Status
Please reply by conversation.
mkatts said:
Well that is why i was asking. I didnt know that. I knew that the channel was on one the 7 latin channels. That was my complaint. At first the channel was only available to thos that has the para todos package. It doesn't make sense that only those poeple would get the country music stars singing christmas songs. Would it make sense to have a spanish chistmast channel that is only available to people don't speak spanish?

No offense but your post sounds like all of the CSR's I talked to with the expection that none of them mentioned anything about needing the mutlisat dish. Most likely because they did not know that themselves. I had to talk to someone in tech support to get that answer. Also, i could find anything on the web that says you have to have a mutisat dish to get 873. It would have saved me a whole lot of time.

You can Listen to the Nashville Christmas on the xmradio.com website you can sign up for the free 3 days trail of the xmradio.com webcast. and also Listen for Free anytime on Aol.com at
http://music.aol.com/radioguide/bb.adp

and if you download the winamp player you have access to the aol xm radio channels and few of the xm radio channels most of the xm radio christmas music channels on the winamp also winamp.com

I have the total choice plus package. So no that isn't it. My channel 873 is not even a mapped channel. Meaning when I dial in the channel, the message says "channel not available"
If it were a subscription issue, then I would get the "ext. 712" error code.
You have the 3 lnb dish wich is a multisat dish. I on the other hand have a single lnb dish wich is just a single sat dish as well.

I intend to upgrade to the new HD DVR next year when my local HD's are offered.

mkatts said:
I have the total choice plus package. So no that isn't it. My channel 873 is not even a mapped channel. Meaning when I dial in the channel, the message says "channel not available"
If it were a subscription issue, then I would get the "ext. 712" error code.
You have the 3 lnb dish wich is a multisat dish. I on the other hand have a single lnb dish wich is just a single sat dish as well.

I intend to upgrade to the new HD DVR next year when my local HD's are offered.

I get same message also on 873 and i have an one LNB

Last edited:
I dont have directv para todos and I get channel 873 with no problems. I also get one or two other spanish music channels (870 and mayber 871).

Ok, one more time, in the original post, it was noted that channel 873 was locked to all except para todos customers (which needs a 3lnb dish), and the poster was nonplussed to as why a non-latin holiday show was on a para todos-only package channel, later edchuckndoug posted that the lock is now off (perhaps he was responsible for it?), making it so you no longer needed para todos package, BUT you still need the 3lnb dish, as it points to the satellite which transmits para todos, so normally 863 is(was?) only for para todos customers, but was unlocked for this, now all correctly aimed triple lnb dishes aimed at the para todos sat can now get it without the para todos package active. It is NOT package dependant, it is dish/sat dependant. Not all international channels are locked out, you get some freebies just by having a triple lnb instead of a dual.

Hope that clarifies this once and for all. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ABC-HD is flipping out

Resolution Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)