XM vs. Sirius Status

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Here is the current status of the ongoing XM v. Sirius polls. I think it would be best to put conversation on the types of musc in the appropriate poll thread and simply discuss the polling process here.

Attachments

• XM s. Sirius 072206.xls
    14 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
Here is the situation at the end of Round Two

Attachments

• XM vs. Sirius 072306.xls
    14.5 KB · Views: 164
Well Round 3 Talk is now history and it was another one sided win for Sirius. On to Round 4 Country. So far we have two wins for Sirius and one three way tie between XM/Sirius and Don't Know.

The complete results to date are attached.

Attachments

• XM vs. Sirius 073106.xls
    14.5 KB · Views: 146
Sirius wins hand down. I've had both on a vacation trip and everyone kept putting it on the Sirius channels. Best music lineup, DJ's, talk radio, etc. ;)

OK here is the update As of the end of Round 4. Let's just say that the results seem to show that the readers of this forum prefer Sirius.

Attachments

• XM vs. Sirius 080706.xls
    14.5 KB · Views: 128
Well after five rounds Sirius is 4-0-1. XM is 0-4-1. The status sptreadsheet is attached

Attachments

• XM vs. Sirius 080706.xls
    14.5 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
And after six rounds the Sirius unbeaten streak is intact. A close win this time 11 votes for XM and 12 for Sirius---but a win nonetheless. So Sirius is 5-0-1.

Attachments

• XM vs. Sirius 082106.xls
    14.5 KB · Views: 121
Here are the details on latest Sirius win ---Urban/R&B. Now on tour next poll---Comedy

Attachments

• XM vs. Sirius 090406.xls
    14.5 KB · Views: 131
OK here is where it stands as of 9/11.

Attachments

• XM vs. Sirius 091106.xls
    15 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Classics 7 comedy could also easily be declared a tie; based on percentages and the "too close" and "DNC/K" votes. Even thought I prefer Sirius, that statement seems fair. You think?

The Classic Radio results were 11 for XM 16 for Sirius 3 for too Close to Call and 2 For Don't Know Don't Care. No majority but a clear plurality for Sirius. The Comedy results were somewhat one sided too.

To be honest the Classic Radio results did surprise me. Both services get their programming from a common source. Sirius does have Twilight Zone on their Classic Radio channel---but XM has it on the adjacent Sonic Theater Channel.

The Urban R&B results surprised meas w ell since most articles give XM the edge there. This sia pro Sirius crowd though. So effectively we are polling a group that for the most part prefers Sirius and they are responding honestly.

anyway there has been some good discussion and we will soon be moving into a phase where we look at some non programming aspects of the two services. Let's see what happens there.

Sorry, I didn't see those results on the XL posted.

Week of Round Format XM Sirius Too Close DN/DK All WINNER

14-Aug 6 Classic Radio 11 12 3 1 27 Sirius

4-Sep 9 Comedy 10 11 1 3 25 Siru=ius

Attachments

• XM vs. Sirius 091106.xls
    15 KB · Views: 116
To me a win is a win. But you are right that some of the wins have been close----and we did have one three way tie.

I am honestly wondering why Sirius is winning all of these polls? What do people have against XM? I personally prefer XM to Sirius.

Well we have proven that we have a pro Sirius crowd here. The original intent was to give someone comparing the services an idea of what each has to offer. I know that when I was deciding I did not see enough of that. I was actually pretty frustrated by negative comments about each Sirius instead of an analysis of what was good and bad about each.

A omment like "xm sucks" may be an accurate representation of your opinion but it does not mean much to someone from the outside. So if we could explain HOW it sucks that might be more useful. the decsision about which service to sub to is a hard one and it would be nice if we could make it easier.

Last edited:
A real way to find out which service you womuld like is for you to decide yourself after listening to both. That's why I always encourage people to use both XM's ans Sirius' free three day online trial. That's the best way to figure out which service you like IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)