XM vs. Sirius Status

I just bought my wife a new car and got her a Sirius visor from walmart. I do perfer XM's Ethel, Squizz, Lucy and XM cafe compared to Sirius Octane, Alt Nation, and First Wave. My wife does not care because she just likes top 40 anyway.

OK Don't know Don't Care has just scored it's first clear win. Here are the results to date. Don't forget to vote and comment in the Audio Quality poll

Attachments

• XM vs. Sirius 091806.xls
    15 KB · Views: 108
Here we are as of September 25. Audio Quality was a tie

Attachments

• XM vs. Sirius 092506.xls
    15 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Ok here is the status as of the morning of October. XM just scored its first win in the category of Decades music.

Overall totals are 8 wins for Sirius, 1 win For XM, 1 Category where Don't Know Don't Care won and two ties. Here is a somewhat finer breakout

Outright Sirius wins

Talk,Rock, Country, Sports, News

XM Win

Decades

Don't know/Don't Care

Christian music

Ties

Jazz (three way with each service and Don't Know/Don't Care getting 5 votes each)

Audio Quality (each service got 10 votes)

Sirius Wins but Close

Classic Radio
R&B/Urban
Comedy

and the overall vote totals through Round 12 are

XM 123
Sirius 199
Too Close To Call 26
Don't know Don't Care 45

Total Votes 393

Attachments

• XM vs. Sirius 100206.xls
    15 KB · Views: 147
I have heard that people like Sirius better than XM and I honestly cannot understand why. I honestly would take XM any time rather than Sirius. I just think that the sound quality and content are a lot better with XM.

Well another Sirius win for Dance music. Here are the results to date. I will be out of town next weekend. So the results of the next poll will be delayed.

Attachments

• XM vs. Sirius 100906.xls
    15 KB · Views: 108
Geronimo,

Thanks for all your efforts on these genre polls. You are doing a fine service for our little community here at Satelliteguys.us. It is obvious to me satellite radio is making an ever increasing impact in more and more people's live's. Terrestrial radio seems to be getting more and more concerned as satellite radio increases its awareness to the general public. I found this presentation by the Rasio Research Association of America sponspred by the NAB very interesting and worth the time to view it.

Radio's Future: What Is and What's Next

Mercury's standing-room-only presentation at the 2006 National Association of Broadcasters Convention in Dallas can be seen here:

http://www.mercradio.com/free.htm

OK i just got in from a trip to my family in NE. So the penultimate poll on Customer service closed a few hours ago without notice. But here are the results to date.

BTW we are starting our final poll on Customers Service. This is your chance to say what you want about customer service from either or both providers.

Attachments

• XM vs. Sirius 101606.xls
    15 KB · Views: 128

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)