Y would I upgrade to D1K

sA :: Shaggy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
5701 S Santa Fe Dr
what is the big deal over the d1K? I have a D500 (110 and 119 i think) and i live in sacramento CA, So i could get it if i wanted but what it give me if i did? I might be upgrading to HDTV will it help me in this respect. thx for any help

Let me get this straight... because of those two channels that i dont care about i can get a D1K because the FCC said that i have to be able to get all the local from one dish. THAT IS CRASY, also what switch would the installer use if i was using 2-510 1-301.

sA :: Shaggy said:
Let me get this straight... because of those two channels that i dont care about i can get a D1K because the FCC said that i have to be able to get all the local from one dish. THAT IS CRASY, also what switch would the installer use if i was using 2-510 1-301.

due to Must Carry, which means that all locals in a market get the same treatment, you get the Dish 1000 for free!!!!! This has always been like that, but it use to be a 2nd dish. Also included is switches and installation for FREE!!!

They would probably use a DP34

how much would it be too upgrade to the dp44 so i can do the single cable for the 522/625 that i will be getting
You've confused me with what's going on. It sounds like you're coming in as a new customer, but you also have other receivers.

Lay out EXACTLY what boxes are going to be in your setup.

im a existing customer and i was just told this BS... I was just told by the manager of CSR that the Dish1000 is "NOT for sale, install, they haven't been releast yet, the installers haven't been trained yet and that there is no way that i can get the Dish1000" BS

That's what they call CSR roulette. The Dish 1000 upgrade might not be free to you since you're an existing customer (YMMV), but it does exist and since September 27th it's the default method for must carry locals if you're in the right DMA (and you are).

Either a DP44 or a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB will be used on the dish, depending on how your stuff is installed. Chances are if you already have a DP34, they'll just use that, but if you don't it all depends.

A DPP Twin LNB will drive 2 receivers since it has 2 outputs. With the proper splitter, yes they'll drive a 625, 522, or 942 with 1 cable running from the receiver to the dish. However, it only works with dual tuner receivers.

If you want to do HDTV, you might want to get a 942 for your first 2 TVs since the first will be HD and the 2nd output will be regular TV. That's a $250 upgrade to lease ($5 a month and $250 one time), but well worth it anyway. You could also just get a 522/625 and an 811 (non-DVR) for your HD viewing.

Either way, a DPP Twin LNB will only allow 2 receivers, a DP34 will allow 4 but dual tuner receivers take up 2 outputs on it, a DP44 will allow 8 if they're all dual tuner (right?) -- but it has 4 outputs, so you either can use 1 for each single tuner or each dual tuner receiver.

With a DPP twin LNB, you won't have a switch. With a DP Twin LNB, you will either have a DP34 (3 satellite locations), or a DP44 (4 locations). Unless you have a lot of receivers, there's no need for the DP44 since you're only going for 3 locations anyway and the LNB can handle that.

ok i have a 2 room system and its using the sw21 for two 510's. im upgrading to the 625/522 in one room so i can watch while recording keeping the 510 in the other... im also addin another room 301. The dish1000 should be free because of the FCC Saying that you have to get "ALL" your locals from one dish. So how long should i wait before pulling the trigger for another round of CSR Roulette.

you mentioned you may be getting HD. 129 also now has the voom channels. in case you can't get 61.5 which some people in California can't due to the low angle. not much to see on those channels though cause they just keep showing the same over and over and over...

what is the big deal over the d1K? I have a D500 (110 and 119 i think) and i live in sacramento CA, So i could get it if i wanted but what it give me if i did? I might be upgrading to HDTV will it help me in this respect. thx for any help

I called today MUCH better CSR but i guess that sacramento's locals havent switched over to the 129 because everything he tried didnt work. Does anyone have info if the locals have been switched, or when they plan on switching them over?

adaptor to downconvert 480p to 480i?

pocketdish recall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)