Ya think that $5 a month is going to be enough to cover this . . . .

mcscrooge3.gif

Note that ~$91 million of that is the stated value of stock options that carry virtually no cost to the company until they're exercised.

Should we start a Go Fund Me for Charlie?
Nah..I predict a 6 month dispute with ESPN..with no customer rebates
Well, I already chipped in. The last check I mailed Dish was enough to cover six months' worth of my programming package. I am about to send them another check to cover another six months. I've got to spend my stimulus money on something. This way, all of my programming packages are already covered for the next year. (I already made an annual donation to Locast.) Keep in mind, my Dish programming package is the $15 Locals Only core package, so it is not like I am that big of a spender. :oldlaugh Yes, I know that this package is redundant now that I have Locast, but I like having a backup in case one service or the other goes out...

at $2.1 Million, Ergen is the pauper of all CEO's at his level. His peers earn like $30 million minimum and UP and UP, along with their own stock options bringing their take home at like TWICE of Ergen's payout. If only all the other CEO's would see $2.1 Million per year as ENOUGH, we would all be doing a lot better. All the money left over $2.1 million per year can go to living wages with enough for those at the bottom to SPEND more and keep the rich being rich and even RICHER, and that is OK As stated in an earlier post, most of what Ergen took home was from very limited, regulated times to exercise stock options.

Dish/Echostar is well known for its far LOW and pauper executive salary pay, but offers stock options to make up for that, but even with all that, Dish/Echostar execs still take home far less than the DirecTV and AT&T regimes, as only one example.

Further, Dish/Echostar also became well know for their reputation of NOT having wood paneled offices nor highly elegant--and highly costly--design decoration in their offices. I think originally, they eschewed separate restrooms for executives and staff, but they may have separate facilities by now, but I don't think they even have today executive dining rooms, unlike just about all their peers who have all those expensive perks of elitism.

Let's focus on the financial gluttons, and not not those who actually provide a decent template for what all other corporations and their CEO's and executives at to be doing and still be allowed to be very rich at $2.1 million per year plus stock options. Nothing wrong with being wealthy, but it should never be obscene.

at $2.1 Million, Ergen is the pauper of all CEO's at his level. His peers earn like $30 million minimum and UP and UP, along with their own stock options bringing their take home at like TWICE of Ergen's payout. If only all the other CEO's would see $2.1 Million per year as ENOUGH, we would all be doing a lot better. All the money left over $2.1 million per year can go to living wages with enough for those at the bottom to SPEND more and keep the rich being rich and even RICHER, and that is OK As stated in an earlier post, most of what Ergen took home was from very limited, regulated times to exercise stock options.

Dish/Echostar is well known for its far LOW and pauper executive salary pay, but offers stock options to make up for that, but even with all that, Dish/Echostar execs still take home far less than the DirecTV and AT&T regimes, as only one example.

Further, Dish/Echostar also became well know for their reputation of NOT having wood paneled offices nor highly elegant--and highly costly--design decoration in their offices. I think originally, they eschewed separate restrooms for executives and staff, but they may have separate facilities by now, but I don't think they even have today executive dining rooms, unlike just about all their peers who have all those expensive perks of elitism.

Let's focus on the financial gluttons, and not not those who actually provide a decent template for what all other corporations and their CEO's and executives at to be doing and still be allowed to be very rich at $2.1 million per year plus stock options. Nothing wrong with being wealthy, but it should never be obscene.
Well

You might want to rethink the pauper comment

Well

You might want to rethink the pauper comment

Ergen is the pauper of all CEO's at his level.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, is it?

Reactions: NYDutch
The discussion is about his paycheck, not whether he has lunch money or not. The fact remains that he is on the low end of salaries among CEO's of similar sized organizations.
You have to consider stock ownership and dividends in " pay check"

The discussion is about his paycheck, not whether he has lunch money or not. The fact remains that he is on the low end of salaries among CEO's of similar sized organizations.
For example..Verizon executives receive most of their pay in equity instead of cash...that means their pay is dependent on stock price

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)