Yankee's Crying Poor?

talos4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2005
SE Wisconsin
So, the Yankee's sign Sabathia to a 160M contract.

Now they want our Center Fielder Mike Cameron BUT!!! :eek:

The deal includes the Brewers picking up a portion of his salary for the season?

WHAT!!!:mad:

I don't know what the supposed deal is this morning, supposedly the financial details have been worked out.

I cannot for the life of me believe that the Yankee's had the cahonies to actually ask that.

What side show.

So, the Yankee's sign Sabathia to a 160M contract.

Now they want our Center Fielder Mike Cameron BUT!!! :eek:

The deal includes the Brewers picking up a portion of his salary for the season?

WHAT!!!:mad:

I don't know what the supposed deal is this morning, supposedly the financial details have been worked out.

I cannot for the life of me believe that the Yankee's had the cahonies to actually ask that.

What side show.

Relax, it's just a negotiating tactic. When Milwaukee balked at paying part of Cameron's salary, the Yankees asked for Bill Hall to be included in the deal instead. The details are still being worked out, that's why the trade isn't finalized yet.

That's hardly YANKEES CRYING POOR? as your headline screams.

Typical over-reaction to anything and everything the Yankees do.... :rolleyes:

Sandra

Relax, it's just a negotiating tactic. When Milwaukee balked at paying part of Cameron's salary, the Yankees asked for Bill Hall to be included in the deal instead. The details are still being worked out, that's why the trade isn't finalized yet.

That's hardly YANKEES CRYING POOR? as your headline screams.

Typical over-reaction to anything and everything the Yankees do.... :rolleyes:

Sandra

160 million for a guy that only plays every 4th or 5th day....THAT is over reaction!:rolleyes:

Perhaps. Time will tell. But that's not what we're discussing here... ;)

Sandra

Forget time till tell. Paying a starting pitcher the 3rd biggest contract in baseball history to a ball player that DOES NOT play everyday is CLEARLY irresponsible!

But when have the Yankees done ANYTHING clearly or responsible.:rolleyes:;)

Forget time till tell. Paying a starting pitcher the 3rd biggest contract in baseball history to a ball player that DOES NOT play everyday is CLEARLY irresponsible!

But when have the Yankees done ANYTHING clearly or responsible.:rolleyes:;)

Forget time will tell? OK by all means, let's judge every transaction before a player even plays one game for his new team.

Johan Santana has the seventh largest contract, does that make the Mets irresponsible? Or does that just apply to the Yankees. ;)

I guess you think A-Rod's and Jeter's contracts are responsible, since they play every day. Or is it a problem for you since they each only bat once out of every nine batters. That's even worse than the one in every four or five ratio you used for Sabathia.

Sandra

Forget time will tell? OK by all means, let's judge every transaction before a player even plays one game for his new team.

Johan Santana has the seventh largest contract, does that make the Mets irresponsible? Or does that just apply to the Yankees. ;)

I guess you think A-Rod's and Jeter's contracts are responsible, since they play every day. Or is it a problem for you since they each only bat once out of every nine batters. That's even worse than the one in every four or five ratio you used for Sabathia.

Sandra

ANY pitcher that gets more money than an everyday player, is completely stupid and irresponsible.

ANY pitcher that gets more money than an everyday player, is completely stupid and irresponsible.

OK. Looking forward to your theads criticizing every GM in baseball then. For some reason they're all paying pitchers more than every day players.

My mistake, I thought you were only criticizing the Yankees.

Sandra

Sandra

I believe all players should get what they can, but there is NO WAY a player that plays every 4 or 5 days should make as much as an everyday player.....period.

OK. Looking forward to your theads criticizing every GM in baseball then. For some reason they're all paying pitchers more than every day players.

My mistake, I thought you were only criticizing the Yankees.

Sandra

I would say they Yankees started all this by giving "Catfish" Hunter that big ass contract...but I won't.:rolleyes::D

The MLB over-paying any player is hardly news anymore. Everybody in baseball (players and owners) are making WAY too much money. I'd like to see them roll back the salaries like the NHL did. Nah, scratch that. That didn't lower ticket prices either.

The MLB over-paying any player is hardly news anymore. Everybody in baseball (players and owners) are making WAY too much money. I'd like to see them roll back the salaries like the NHL did. Nah, scratch that. That didn't lower ticket prices either.

This is all due to TV contracts...as the money started rolling in, the players didn't think it was fair to have owners getting 95% of the pie...besides, no one was paying to see the OWNERS PLAY. The NHL rolled back because of crappy TV contract...I am willing to be that IF the NHL had a contract like MLB, the contract would be HUGE and we would have teams in EVERY CITY in North American that has more than 250,000 people.

We are NOT talking about championships....we are talking money. And they Yankees have ALWAYS prove that money CAN win you championship...and money CAN'T win you champships.

OK so the Yankees have proven money can win you championships and money can't win you championships.

Good point. :rolleyes:;)

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)