Yankees Have Home Field Advantage

sidekick said:
'Nuff said .... :up
Yup, now well see how much Home Field actually means.

Yankees 50-29 at home
47-34 on the road

Tigers 49-32 on the road
Twins 42-39 on the road
A's 43-36 on the road

Tigers have the best Road record
Twins have the best Home record

Jimbo
Go Tigers
Go Buckeyes

The Stadium in the Bronx in HD - either way it's a great time of the year! Shea Stadium in HD though is a totally different story. What a dump!

SpySatellite said:
The Stadium in the Bronx in HD - either way it's a great time of the year! Shea Stadium in HD though is a totally different story. What a dump!
What ????
The stadium in the Bronx has ALWAYS been in HD, you ever notice as long as the Yankees are in it they will be the primetime 8 pm game...
Had the Tigers won today, The whole world woukld have missed the Tigers in the playoffs for the 1st time since '87, thier games would have been at 1 pm and would have been over before anyone got out of work....
But all the NL games would start at 8 pm as well, so the Tigers series would have been the only early game of the playoffs....
Maybe it's a good thing the Tigers play the Yankees, at least america as well as Tigers fans can see them in the playoffs.

Jimbo

Neutron said:
I hope the Tigers sweep them at home.
That would be cool, but I am not holding my breath.
They say great pitching beat great hitting in the playoffs...
They have been saying how good Detroits pitching has been all year,
Until the last month of the season anyway:down
Got a feeling these will all be high scoring games.
Maybe the few days off will help rejuvinate them, we can hope !!!

Jimbo

With the Yankees lineup I'm not sure if great pitching beats great hitting. Look at the number of all-stars and future hall of famers in that lineup now. When they're firing on all cylinders, no one can beat their team momentum.

sidekick said:
With the Yankees lineup I'm not sure if great pitching beats great hitting. Look at the number of all-stars and future hall of famers in that lineup now. When they're firing on all cylinders, no one can beat their team momentum.
Seems like Curt Shilling and Pedro and Shilling and Randy Johnson did'nt have too much trouble.
I'm not saying that the Tigers staff have anyone in that catagory, but good pitching DOES beat good hitting NORMALLY...

Yankees don't have the stud pitching this year either.

Jimbo

This Yankee team is unlike any hitting team I've seen in a long long time. They're far better than the 2004 Yankees.

Jimbos said:
Seems like Curt Shilling and Pedro and Shilling and Randy Johnson did'nt have too much trouble.
I'm not saying that the Tigers staff have anyone in that catagory, but good pitching DOES beat good hitting NORMALLY...

Yankees don't have the stud pitching this year either.

Jimbo

sidekick said:
This Yankee team is unlike any hitting team I've seen in a long long time. They're far better than the 2004 Yankees.
One game and you guys are already handing out the championship rings ....

Amazing,
You guys did quite a great job beating up the Tigers #4 pitcher.

Jimbo

sidekick said:
Why would they start with their #4 pitcher? Oh, that's right ... the other 3 pitchers were busy losing to Kansas City & Toronto the last 5 games. j/k
Hardy har har .....
Rodgers pitched on Sunday, and Verlander was scheduled to pitch tonight .

Jimbos said:
One game and you guys are already handing out the championship rings ....

Amazing,
You guys did quite a great job beating up the Tigers #4 pitcher.

Jimbo

Actually he is the number five pitcher.

Who knows why Jim Leyland started Robertson. He is not good enough to go up against the yankees. Maybe he was trying to see what his lineup could do against Wang, (arguably the Yankees Best pitcher). You cannot possibly sweep the Yankees. If I am a manager, and had to face Wang, I would not put my best pitcher against him either. I would wait for the Musina, and a beat up Randy Johnson to send Verlander and Bonderman out for a chance to win.

It is all about being realistic, and playing the stragtegy in your favor as best you can.

For me, I would want that first game momentum going for me. I would send in the best players to start the ball rolling. Anything else seems nonsensical to me. Why start off with an "L" in the column?

sidekick said:
For me, I would want that first game momentum going for me. I would send in the best players to start the ball rolling. Anything else seems nonsensical to me. Why start off with an "L" in the column?
Because you figure that Wong is thier best pitcher, Now they face the Tigers top pitchers in games 2-4.

Quite a good job Verlander and company did today...
One big hit Verlander gave up, he gave up a lot of hits, but no runs other than the one to Damon.

Now tha Yankees have to out hit the Tigers to win this series.
R. Johnson is very capable of putting together a great Johnson like game tommorow, but I do not expect one from him.
Who's after Johnson for the Yankees ? No one better than the Tigers #2-4 so it should be interesting to see if the young Tigers pitchers can show composure that Verlander did, If so, look for Bonderman to pitch well also.
Two 40 somethings going tommorow, Rogers and Johnson, was that a law firm, or maybe soon to be ??

Jimbo

Go Tigers !!!
Go Bucks !!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts