Yankee's Pitcher Cory Lidle's Plane Crashes into Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I'm watching the news now. It looks like it indeed was a small plane based on the impact zone.

This is so very erie to what started 9/11. :(

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Good luck, stay safe and stay vigilant to our brothers, sisters, family and friends in NYC today! Those of us outside of the NYC / NE area, as always, are thinking of you and wish you strength and safety.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
You are correct; they have reported (but not giving the details thank goodness) that NORAD has scrambled jets over several metro areas.

BobMurdoch

Playing XBoxOne SeriesX/Supporter
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Brielle, NJ
Small fixed wing plane. Little damage to building, fire out, a little smoke still coming out (the rain is helping)....

2 bodies and luggage found next to the building. Doesn't look intentional.... Doesn't explain what they were doing that close to the city though.....

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Suspected in-flight emergency at this time; be it plane or passenger(s) and desperately trying to get to La Guardia Airport (sp?)

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I may be too far away from Dallas, being in Plano at work right now, to see the jets.

All I can say is wow....

HokieEngineer

Proud Staff Member
Oct 13, 2003
Screen cap from NYC tv station of the building:

Attachments

• nyc-plane.jpg
    nyc-plane.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 200

BobMurdoch

Playing XBoxOne SeriesX/Supporter
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Brielle, NJ
Hit on the 39th floor..... Now they know what type of plane it was, and it had a parachute to the ground (the whole plane!) in case of trouble..... Didn't get used obviously...

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
I hate to say it this way, but there is no nice way to say considering the plane victims and the apartment dwellers, but I was VERY relieved that it was only this. I would never joke of kid, but when I first posted I didn't know any other details.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
HokieEngineer said:
Plane type that crashed:

Single engine, 4 place, fixed wing; as of now by most eye witness accounts. Maybe like the attached.

Attachments

• cesna.jpg
    cesna.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)