Yankee's Pitcher Cory Lidle's Plane Crashes into Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching the news now. It looks like it indeed was a small plane based on the impact zone.

This is so very erie to what started 9/11. :(

Good luck, stay safe and stay vigilant to our brothers, sisters, family and friends in NYC today! Those of us outside of the NYC / NE area, as always, are thinking of you and wish you strength and safety.

You are correct; they have reported (but not giving the details thank goodness) that NORAD has scrambled jets over several metro areas.

Small fixed wing plane. Little damage to building, fire out, a little smoke still coming out (the rain is helping)....

2 bodies and luggage found next to the building. Doesn't look intentional.... Doesn't explain what they were doing that close to the city though.....

Suspected in-flight emergency at this time; be it plane or passenger(s) and desperately trying to get to La Guardia Airport (sp?)

I may be too far away from Dallas, being in Plano at work right now, to see the jets.

All I can say is wow....

Screen cap from NYC tv station of the building:

Attachments

• nyc-plane.jpg
    nyc-plane.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 203
Hit on the 39th floor..... Now they know what type of plane it was, and it had a parachute to the ground (the whole plane!) in case of trouble..... Didn't get used obviously...

I hate to say it this way, but there is no nice way to say considering the plane victims and the apartment dwellers, but I was VERY relieved that it was only this. I would never joke of kid, but when I first posted I didn't know any other details.

HokieEngineer said:
Plane type that crashed:

Single engine, 4 place, fixed wing; as of now by most eye witness accounts. Maybe like the attached.

Attachments

• cesna.jpg
    cesna.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ipod/itunes question

I'm in Road Warrior Nirvana

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts