Yay! my first DTV post

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
Got issues with one receiver at mom and dad's place.

Here is the setup.

18" DTV dish with dual feed LNB into 3*4 multiswitch with 4 receivers.

3 out of 4 receivers work fine, one of em can not tune odd transponder channels. I tried both test channels, and the odd channel (13V) does not work. Any ideas on what I should check? (Besides wiring and the switch itself??)

All 4 receivers are D11 models.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome!!

I had similar issue years ago. Possibly bad multiswitch but in my instance, it was a bad cable. I know that can be the worst thing to hear to have to replace the cable but thats usually the case.

I'm afraid that might be it. Unfortunately, cables are under the house at the folk's place. So, just for kicks, I may try a different multiswitch, see if that fixes the problem, if not, underground I go.

By the way, I did swap receivers and made sure it was not a receiver problem. My sister is hell bent on watching her Nip Tuck on FX which so happens to be an odd transponder. Thanks again.

Got issues with one receiver at mom and dad's place.

Here is the setup.

18" DTV dish with dual feed LNB into 3*4 multiswitch with 4 receivers.

3 out of 4 receivers work fine, one of em can not tune odd transponder channels. I tried both test channels, and the odd channel (13V) does not work. Any ideas on what I should check? (Besides wiring and the switch itself??)

All 4 receivers are D11 models.

Thanks in advance.

Move the nonworking receiver to a working coax to verify if it is, or is not the receiver, if the receiver still does not work after moving it, it is the receiver, if it does work, it is your coax or multiswitch, or you need to check your connectors, next step...

...try bypassing the multiswitch (hook a line right from the dish to the coax leading to the receiver in question) for that one receiver and see if removing the switch resolves it, and/or you can exchange the port that coax is using for another known good port, if that resolves it, it is your switch.

Remember to unplug ALL receivers from the A/C power (shutting them off is NOT good enough) before doing these things outlined, not doing so puts the LNB in danger of being shorted.

Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts