Yes, you can lose scanned OTA channels

SmiGump

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Virginia
While it doesn't appear you'll ever lose any OTA channels that were pre-determined based on the off-air map that you are associated with on installation, I have lost OTA channels that were found during previous scans. Don't know if it happened during the update to V 6.2 or during one of the several resets I've had to do since the upgrade (at least one a day since I got my upgrade on 8/11), but I've lost at least a subchannel for CBS as well as an independent with four subchannels.

Sure, re-scanning will *usually* obtain them again, but I'm in a situation where I get most of my OTAs only 80-90% of the time and if I happen to scan during the other 10-20%, I won't get them re-mapped and will have to try again later.

Has anybody experienced the same thing? Is there any way to avoid this?

SmiGump said:
I have lost OTA channels that were found during previous scans. Don't know if it happened during the update to V 6.2 or during one of the several resets I've had to do since the upgrade... Has anybody experienced the same thing? Is there any way to avoid this?
I think, if you do a soft reboot (by pressing power button for 6 seconds) you can loose previously scanned channels. However, re-scanning seems to preserve previously scanned channels. It should be safe to repeat scanning multiple times.

Yep! It's happend to me too & others here. I lost channel 2.1 & 2.2(34) here in Denver. I even rotated my antenna & got a 99 signal stength using the manual tune. It will NOT add it during the scan though. Both channels were just find before the 6.20 update. I have tried scaning 6 or 7 times with no change.

OK, so I was wrong about the update.:shocked I can't find a smilie for shame.:( Dave Martinez sent this out just a little while ago from channel 2. Every one should be getting 2.1 now. I apoigize to Voom. It coincided with the update.

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]"Just when you thought it was safe to tune to 2-1, it disappears. Sorry about that!! We had a problem over the weekend with our PSIP table. More specific, we lost our PAT and PMT tables as well as VCT. Without these tables, some receivers will have a problem while others will not. After rebooting our computers, hapiness was restored this morning. You may also note that we have removed 2-2 from our data stream as this was designated for SAP but we have since incorporated SAP into our main 2-1 channel."

Enjoy!

Dave Martinez
Engineering Maintenance Supervisor
KWGN-TV
2-0,2-1
[/font]

Yes I have rescanned. I have also done soft and hard reboots. I have also realigned the antenna just in case that was it. E and D are looking better everyday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)