Your Favorite Channels on Dish?

eacalhoun said:
My favs are GSN (Game Show), RFD, Rural, PixL, and FoxNews. These channels keep me from going strictly OTA.

Eric

GSN recently got added to the $5/month Heartland Package (which also includes RFD, Rural TV, and PixL). Fox News Channel is in the Smart Pack ($24.99/month). Smart Pack only includes the SD feeds, not the HD feeds. However, Heartland Package includes the HD channels.

FMI on all the channels in these packages or/and a la carte add-ons, please visit: http://www.mydish.com/downloads/Channel-Lineup/StandardHDChannelGuide.pdf

Last edited:
3DVideoguyPro said:
I like the Encore offerings and Animal Planet. What do you all watch often?

We like the Encores and Animal Planet. We get Animal Planet HD and the SD Encores with Dish Latino Dos ($44.99/month) and Encore Movie Pack ($5/month) a la carte.

If you can do without these channels in HD, Animal Planet is in the Smart Pack ($24.99/month) and Encore Movie Pack ($5/month) seems like a good deal.

GaryPen said:
HBO, Comedy Central, and AMC.

Well. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

To think, AMC SD was in the $14.99/month Welcome Pack which Comedy Central is in. HBO is $16/month. That would have been a nice deal if AMC was still there.

Based on time actually spent with the channel on and some of this is seasonal, Encore Westerns, TCM, NFL and MLBTV. I also listen to Sirius, particularly 1[SUP]st[/SUP] wave and Faction. I watch any of the History channels when something interesting is on, Nicktoons, Cartoon Network/Boomerang for some favorite cartoons. I like BBC America, but they might as well rename themselves Top Gear channel. As much as I enjoy Top Gear it is getting a bit much. My wife likes ScyFi for the giant shark movies and HGTV.

USA, SyFy, TBS, WGN America, HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Encore, GSN, WWOR, WPIX, TVLand, Boomerang, HDNet, UniversalHD, NFL Network, just to name a few. There are some channels that I just watch one show on, like WSBK (Three Stooges on Sunday), FOX Business (Imus in the Morning). KTLA had Dennis the Menace for awhile, and they have been showing Sanford and Son on occasion over the past few months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)