your opinions

mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Md
I spent several hours yesterday on the phone with various customer service reps. These are the offers they have

New customers – 49.99 hd-dvr, then you get 49.99 credit on your first bill and 20 off for 10 months

Existing – 149.99 hd-dvr you get 100 mail in rebate and 10 off for 10 months

any idea why the difference?

ive decided to cancel and swap to directv. all i asked for was the 49.99 hd-dvr and teh 49.99 credit, nothing else, dont car about te monthly discount as im already paying a bill

cancellation and new install already scheduled

I spent several hours yesterday on the phone with various customer service reps. These are the offers they have

New customers – 49.99 hd-dvr, then you get 49.99 credit on your first bill and 20 off for 10 months

Existing – 149.99 hd-dvr you get 100 mail in rebate and 10 off for 10 months

any idea why the difference?

ive decided to cancel and swap to directv. all i asked for was the 49.99 hd-dvr and teh 49.99 credit, nothing else, dont car about te monthly discount as im already paying a bill

cancellation and new install already scheduled

You turned down a $50.00 622 DVR, the best DVR out there? (not to mention the $10 per month off) New customers always get the better deal but the new Dish it Up is better than most of us got. I'd re-think your decision if you still can.

What do you want an opinion on? You already switched.

Isn't there a $200-300 upfront cost the D* HD-dvr?

my thing is the upfront cost, why should i wait 8-10 weeks to get a rebate.
why should an existing customer, who has to upgrade anyway(i have an 811) be forced to pay more then a new guy? im willing to do the commitment again, no problem

its not too late to cancel the install or the cancellation

my thing is the upfront cost, why should i wait 8-10 weeks to get a rebate.
why should an existing customer, who has to upgrade anyway(i have an 811) be forced to pay more then a new guy? im willing to do the commitment again, no problem

its not too late to cancel the install or the cancellation
That's just the way it is. With Direct you are going to be out $199.00 immediately and permanently. With Dish, $149 then $49.99 after rebate. PLUS the ten $10.00 rebates. Isn't the better choice obvious?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)