Your Regional Sports Network

In upstate western new york, we get MSG, SNY and STO, with SNY and STO in HD. I recently added the the multi sports pack, which also game me FoxsnPit and BTW 24 hrs with no blackouts. Unfortunately, since MSG has the Broadcast Rights for the Buffalo Sabres, we have been forced to watch them in SD, last season, while D* & TWC subs got them in HD.

E* better make arrangements for Sabres games to be in HD this year, or I will make arrangements to give D* my $100 a month and my NHL CI subscription, come october.

Out here in Hawaii we receive FSN West via Dish, if you add Multi-Sport you receive FSN Prime Ticket without blackouts. Oceanic Cable offers both as part of it's basic service, they also offer FSN HD with their HD pack, since Hawaii isn't "authorized" to receive 129w from Dish we don't have the HD channel here. Both Oceanic and Dish used to offer the Mariners but stopped it 3 years ago.

Hey, we are out here waiting patiently for camp to start in a few weeks. Get this though; this Sabres Fan is married to true blue leaf fan. :(

Now Dish just better get their act together and get us that HD MSG Feed for the Sabres Games this year!!
Do you think we will have to wait for another channel to be uplinked for a definite HD home game feed for the sabres??

There is very little original programming on the channel, other than games. The Bengals programming is very limited, which stinks. I think it's ridiculous that they put some Browns programming on all their feeds, even down here--stupid stuff like "Josh's Cribs".

Granted it's not much, but FSN Cincinnati also produces the "Kentucky Speedway Report", at least on the feed I get here in Central Indiana!!!...:rolleyes:

Hey, we are out here waiting patiently for camp to start in a few weeks. Get this though; this Sabres Fan is married to true blue leaf fan. :(

It beats the alternative (being married to a non-sports, or worse, anti-sports woman) hands down!

I'm lucky - my wife even comes to games with me and enjoys it

We have 2 RSNs:

Comcast Sportsnet West (Sacramento Kings): it was started a few years ago, and besides the Kings there is nothing on there. Pretty minimal until they get another pro team to share the channel with. They have a local show on their and some 49ers and Raiders shows. I basically do not tune into this channel between mid April until November.

Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area (Giants, A's, Warriors, Sharks): They are starting to do more pre and post game shows, as well as show classic Giants games. It looks promising for future programming.

I think the A's should move over to CSNWest where the Kings are so there is no conflict with the Giants.

It beats the alternative (being married to a non-sports, or worse, anti-sports woman) hands down!

I'm lucky - my wife even comes to games with me and enjoys it

That is true about a sports woman:). We share season tickets, and when the Leafs are in town to play the sabres, it is a very electric atmosphere in the arena. Many season ticket holders sell their seats to the Leaf Fans whom are desperate to get tickets to see their team play, so we have probably 12,000 sabres fans vs 6,500 leaf fans split at the game. Fortunately I have only had to walk out of that arena a couple times, with my wife high 5ing the other leaf fans, beacause they won:D.

I live in Medford, Oregon, I'm a Dish Network subscriber, and I can get two regional sports networks:

Fox Sports Net Northwest (Seattle Mariners, Oregon State University, and Portland Timbers)

Comcast SportsNet Bay Area (San Francisco Giants, Oakland Athletics, San Jose Earthquakes, and San Jose Sabercats; I cannot receive Golden State Warriors or San Jose Sharks telecasts, however.).

Last edited:
I get FSN South and SportSouth.

SEC and ACC sports
MLB- Cardinals, Reds, Braves
NBA- Grizzlies
NHL- Predators

The MLB teams have pre-game and post-games shows, the Grizzlies have pre-game but no post-game, and the Predators only have a pre-game show at home, no pre-game on the road or post-game at all.

All pro team programming that isn't game related, such as player interview shows, is focused on the Atlanta teams. The Tennessee pro teams get the redheaded stepchild treatment in terms of coverage, their games are aired but that's the extent of it.

Also, there is no local news program focused on the teams in the coverage area. There used to be, but it was cancelled. Any one of the teams could make a huge trade or free agent signing, but you won't hear it on FSN South or SportSouth. Unless The FSN Final Score show reports it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)