Your thoughts on our Podcast

Here's an idea!!

GoalieBob- how is this for a idea, that is if Scott is willing those people who call into the Podcast hotline with a question and you use their question on the show would win a 1yr free pub access or all callers would be entered into a drawing for a 1yr "subscription" to the pub. If the person is already a supporter they would get a 1yr extension to their "subscription" if you know what I mean. I'll bet you'll get alot of good calls/questions.

Bob
N1WBD

Sounds great to me. Didn't take too long to down load. Thank goodness I don't have dialup anymore. If I decide to move back to the country I will have to though. Good job Guy's.

Hey for a first podcast I thought it was pretty good! I think our listeners will find it easier to understand what we are talking about on the forum's! Seems u explain things a little better on the podcast, and yes Scott it did sound like ya were in the same room! I was wondering if ya'll had meet to do this, well that answer's that! Good job anyways! :)

I really enjoyed the PODcast. There are some things that the written word cannot convey as well as the spoken word.

Thanks again for doing this! It is a great resource for the beginner SAT head and the PROpeller head alike!!

Hey Bob I have a few ideas I like to throw at you for upcoming podcasts.

You mentioned you'll be doing a FTA segment on a upcoming show, maybe you or a guest could explain why Dish does not want their retailers to sell FTA equipment. As a newbie to FTA can one take a FTA reciever and "modify" it to receive encrypted signals? DO NOT explain how it's done just whether or or not it can be done. I'm just curious I don't own any FTA equipment myself. Sorry if that topic is considered taboo.

How bout getting a special guest from Dish to come on the show and answer the "hardball" questions that you never hear on Charlie Chat? Plan for the show ahead of time so people have time to call in or email questions in advance.

Also there are a few Ham radio operators here on the site maybe sometime a segment on Amateur Satellite Communications. AMSAT - The Radio Amateur Satellite Corporation is a great site for info maybe again have a "expert" guest on the show to explain how it all works and what us hams do with satellite communications.

Here's another good topic.... "How to resurrect your worn out satellite TV remote control." I'm sure there are folks that would like to know how to fix their remote. As a former TV tech I have successfully repaired numerous remote controls with little effort and few tools. I would be more than happy
to help you out with this. If your interested email me at n1wbd@arrl.net

Thanks
Bob N1WBD

<honest opinion>
I appreciate the effort...
the BG music, the *cool voice overs* and bumpers make is sound very cheesy especially paired with the tone of bob's voice, the pace of his speech and the, up, link, report today....
I think scott's voice lends itself better to the talk radio / podcast format.
</honest opinion>
Maybe you could have a summary post going over the main points, like we do for the charlie / tech chats?
Great start though and it's only episode 2!

Suggestions?

Hi there! Uhmm I TRULY GREATLY enjoy all aspects of this website. I have a curious suggestion. I, myself, am deaf (but legally hard of hearing..I just call myself DEAF). I applaud the PODCAST and I believe it is a GREAT thing.

My suggestion - is there any way you can text or caption what the PODCAST is being said after the initial podcast, for the members who are deaf/hard of hearing/ speakers don't work..etc etc?

It is more for members who are deaf/hard of hearing.

I TRULY do enjoy coming to this site. It's a wealth of information/debates that I really do enjoy.

Dodge, Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I will look into getting transcripts of the pod cast for the deaf / hard of hearing. This is something that I did not think of and I would like to get the message out in all forms for everyone to get the word on the pod cast. I can not guarantee anything, but its something that I can look into :)

Dodge, Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I will look into getting transcripts of the pod cast for the deaf / hard of hearing. This is something that I did not think of and I would like to get the message out in all forms for everyone to get the word on the pod cast. I can not guarantee anything, but its something that I can look into :)

Goalie- Thats fine. It doesn't have to be all fancy dancy...just something that will keep us abreast of whats going on in the pod cast. I can understand the no guarantee because I know this is probably something you do on the side and could take more time away from your normal family routine, but THANK YOU for at least considering. I appreciate it! :hatsoff::hatsoff:

I like the idea of the bullet summary. There is too much info in too many places to keep track. It would be nice to read the summary and then listen if there seemed to be something of interest.

I like the idea of the bullet summary. There is too much info in too many places to keep track. It would be nice to read the summary and then listen if there seemed to be something of interest.

Question -

You said "would be nice to read the summary and then listen if there seemed to be something of interest". My question - what about the deaf/hard of hearing who CANT listen?

I'm not trying to be critical...just trying to show my side of the fence is all.

show topic

I am pretty new to the dish world, but am starting to understand more and more.

I used to install TWC, and know it very well. A crash course in LNB types, sat locations, switches, spot beams, and DPP would be great. I think that may be a few topics, I hope I have been constructive.

Ok guys, I have checked into podcasting captions or a closed captions for our hard of hearing friends. There are services out there that will churn out the podcast and give a transcript for the hearing impared, but these services cost money. Im looking into other options and if you see any thing let me know as im all for it.

As far as bullets, Look for it in our future podcasts for bullet outlines during the show.

broncobr, Give us a call on the podcasting hotline with your questions and they will get answered on the show. Im getting ready to do Q and A show, and I will be randomly drawing and giving a free pub membership to a luck caller! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)