YPbPr or rgb

i was looking in my manual and it says you can adjust it to one or the other, i know on back of tv theres a place for red,blue and green underneath thoses there is a black and white- it says v h sync then of course over to the side is the white and red area for the audio.

YPbPr is analog component video. RGB typically is used in reference to computer or VGA type signals. The 622 outputs component video (YPbPr) and HDMI (digital)signals for TV1. The HDMI output can be converted to DVI if you TV does not have an HDMI digital input.

ediemash,

As pointed out, YPbPr is component video signal. RGB the set of signals used for computer displays, and it similar, but not interchangable with component. Some TVs use a common set of input connectors and will label them as both RGB and Component and either manually or automatically switch the input.

The 622 uses a component output, so if you manually select the type of input on the TV, choose that. You may want to connect your 622 with the composite (single yellow) video while setting up the component connection. On my old 811 receiver, the default setting on the component output was 720p and my TV would not work with that particular setting. Once I reconfigured the 811's output to 1080i, I was able disconnect the composite connection and watch lovely HD.

on my 4dtv they have a setting for YPBPr or rgb. does anyone know the difference and which one would be compatible with the 622?

What is a 4DTV? Are you talking about the Cband receiver which is a 4DTV? If you are indeed discussing the Cband 4DTV, what does that have to do with your VIP 622.

I have both Cband and Dish VIP 622 and they are each just a method to receive sat. signals.

if there are two more inputs labeled H V then the input is for special equipment the H and V are for Horizontal and Vertical Sync Signals. We use these types of TV's in film/theatre/and TV work when you need to sync particular things such as the blanking signal for a TV.

Have you ever seen how TV's sometime flicker when they are filmed or on video? you are capturing the "redraw" of the picture. with special equipment, you can make sure the picture is "redrawn" while the camera is preparing to draw it's new image.

i tried turning it over to rgb it turned the whole screen green

It's green b/c in an YPbPr cable, the Luminance is carried on the "green" cable, and the other cables carry a difference b/t the Luminance and the red or blue chroma. So when you plug an YPbPr signal into something expecting RGB, it discards what comes in over the "red" and "blue" wires, b/c that's garbage as far as it is concerned, and what you are left with is the green and black image.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)