ZZ Top Storytellers: VH1-HD...windowboxed?

JonUrban

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Eastern Connecticut
I tuned into VH1-HD tonight to see the premier of the ZZ Top "Storytellers" episode. I'm on VH1-HD and I have a 16x9 TV, but the program is showing with black bars over the top and sides of the 16x9 image. What's up with that?

The stupid VH1-HD image in actually sitting in part of the windowbox, which tells me that either someone screwed up, or VH1-HD is a waste. It's funny, the 4:3 commercials look normal (bars on the side only) but the 16x9 commercials are also windowboxed.

Am I missing something (other than a full screen image?)

:confused:

I never seem to actually watch VH1 anymore, just VH1 Classic and sometimes Palladia. Does VH1-HD normally show HD programming? Some of the HD channels that Dish has added lately don't really show much HD.

Gee, can we have a separate thread for each show that is shown in the wrong aspect ratio? :rolleyes:

That is weird if it was a premiere, though. Maybe it's been sitting on the shelf for a while? VH1 hasn't had much HD, but I have seen it here and there on new programming.

Gee, can we have a separate thread for each show that is shown in the wrong aspect ratio? :rolleyes:

That is weird if it was a premiere, though. Maybe it's been sitting on the shelf for a while? VH1 hasn't had much HD, but I have seen it here and there on new programming.

Yo. I was wondering if other sources showed it properly. I'm not into creating "a separate thread for each show that is shown in the wrong aspect ratio." This place is for discussion of stuff that happens on satellite. Not what YOU care about happening.

If you don't want to read the thread, move on. :rant::mad::rant:

My point was...almost ALL the HD channels show "windowboxed" programming, and it's always annoying. It's a major problem in general. There's nothing specifically unusual about this particular program...which is unfortunate.

If someone started a thread every time something like this happens, there would quickly be nothing else on the first several pages of the forum. That's all I'm saying. Relax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)