Search results for query: *

  1. cableman265

    Coax Splitter/Amplifier

    If you give me your MAC address I can look up your signal levels and possibly tell you whats going on. Or else you can get into it yourself and post it here.
  2. cableman265

    Antenna issue since new channels

    This may be purely a coincidence, but since the channel lineup change on Feb. 14th my reception has worked for about 10-15 minutes and then it cant find the antenna. I have a Sportster and an S-50 in my work vehicle, and when I start it up in the morning everything works fine for about 10-15...
  3. cableman265

    Upgrading Charter internet?

    You can simply upgrade or downgrade your speed over the phone. Although on the weekends you may want to brush up on your filipino. The only reason someone would come out would be if you are upgrading to 10M and you have an older modem not capable of going that fast. 95% of the time there is not...
  4. cableman265

    Comcast modem USB installation

    Actually, many techs are told by their corporate bosses to use whatever is available first, be it USB or an already installed ethernet card, instead of opening up someone elses PC and putting new hardware in. I agree that putting in a NIC is not complicated. But after seeing people installed now...
  5. cableman265

    Internet Speeds?

    We have a 10/1.5 tier here, and a lot of times to upgrade from a 5/1 level a newer modem is needed, as people have had their old modem for years and it is not DOCSIS 2.0 compliant or is not able to upgrade the firmware to handle the new speeds. And Im not talking about 5 year old modems either...
  6. cableman265

    Is it ok to use a splitter?

    Have you tried hooking up the TV to see if it works. Just because you have internet doesnt mean the TV is working also. That would then make the splitter a moot point.
  7. cableman265

    Terrible customer service to get MUCH WORSE

    They have not closed all US call centers. They replaced the 6 they did close with a seperate company that handles calls. Be careful calling after hours, thats when it gets routed overseas.
  8. cableman265


    Im down here on the Illinois side of St Louis. I'll take a brat via Fedex.
  9. cableman265

    Anyone know how to read diagnostic information from a cable box (signal quality)

    Good call Digiblur, an amp right behind a TV should only be a temporary fix while something permanent is being worked on. Im also curious what your diagnostic screen says now, because it also looked like your transmit power was pretty high at a 57. Thats how much power your box uses to...
  10. cableman265

    Cable companies worry about HDTV

    Right now there are 6 regular digital channels in the space of 1 analog channel. Depending on the compression, you can get 3 or 4 HD channels in the space of 1 analog channel. There are currently about 80 analog channels in my area, so that sounds like plenty of room for the time being until...
  11. cableman265

    Cable companies worry about HDTV

    The only reason cable still has analog is to accomodate the people that are reluctant to change. Shortly they are going to have no option. Analog channels are already being moved to digital. 75% of the bandwidth is being used for analog channels 2-99. But if you think about it, the other 25% is...
  12. cableman265

    Cable TV Companies Running Out of Room for HDTV

    The only reason cable still has analog is to accomodate the people that are reluctant to change. Shortly they are going to have no option. Analog channels are already being moved to digital. 75% of the bandwidth is being used for analog channels 2-99. But if you think about it, the other 25% is...
  13. cableman265

    Same Old Song: Howard proves his worth

    Why all the haters? Nobody is forcing anyone to pay for anything. Water is practically free, but why do you see more and more people buying bottled water, getting filtration systems, or having water coolers delivered to their house? Different strokes for different folks. Whatever makes you...
  14. cableman265

    (Rumor) Verizon CableCard and other news):

    I have talked to many cable card customers, and from what they are telling me, your cable card slot is not setup for 2.0, but can be with a simple software upgrade. One person I talked to said he has a card reader in his TV, and will simply be able to download the new software onto a card, and...
  15. cableman265

    need cable wiring expertise

    You are better off simply asking someone to drop by and take it off. Its your box, and you cant hurt anything by opening it. Only thing inside is a splitter. The only reason they lock them on single homes is because sometimes people like to disconnect their ground, and then get upset when...
  16. cableman265

    MLB EI on Digital cable

    I had the package last year, and you dont get every game every night. Some days you may only get like 3 or 4 games. I never noticed any games that were joined in progress. Usually if there were any day games, then they would play the day game and then the night game on the same channel. You will...
  17. cableman265

    need cable wiring expertise

    If you are having bad pictures on your upper channels, more often than not water has gotten into something. Converting to digital is only going to make is worse later on, as your picture will pixilate like crazy making it impossible to watch.
  18. cableman265

    Sirius Announces Super Bowl Plans!

    minor that would be a great idea, but only if they had like subtitles or something for the play-calling because none of us would understand that. Make it kind of like that ESPN Sportscenter they did awhile back that showed the behind the scenes on ESPN2. I just thought of something while I was...
  19. cableman265

    Don't bet on Howard

    Leno is also not accusing Bush of some illegal activity that he has no proof of, he is simply making jokes about information we already know to be correct. But, I do agree with you Tate, there are times when it comes very close to crossing the line. Who wants to start the anti-Leno thread?
  20. cableman265

    Don't bet on Howard

    Its called slander, and Howard could probably be sued if someone came on his show and started spewing hurtful lies about someone without proof to back it up. They have already said on the show that they had to go to a slander and liable law conference to get straight some things that shouldnt be...
  21. cableman265

    Don't bet on Howard

    If you listened to Stern today, then you would have heard that all of the censoring allegations are completely false.
  22. cableman265

    Wall Co-axial Jack Outlet

    In the area I live in, the only way you will get a hole in your wall is if a contractor does the install. Even so, if you ask him to put a wall plate on, he may mumble under his breath, but he should put one on. He will be out maybe a total of 2 minutes. If a company guy comes out, you will...
  23. cableman265

    Charter DVR (Moxi) shortage in WI

    I was told by someone that Hurricane Katrina is partly to blame for a shortage, as there was a distribution center or manufacturing place down there or something. I dont know if Motorola has some stuff down there, or if they ship through there, thats just what I heard. Dont know if its true or not.
  24. cableman265

    Incredible Charter Customer Service

    Im curious if you have ever had to deal with SBC and their customer service. Do you realize that you will get an even more vague service call time? I have friends that work for SBC, and the grass only looks greener because you are not there.
  25. cableman265

    Charter Wisconsin - No NHL Center Ice?

    Its the same kind of thing here is St Louis. We get the NHL center ice, but we cant get the NBA package because there is lack of interest. Personally I think if you have a certain level of cable service, the NHL should be giving away their product after everything that happened last year. They...