Antenna issue since new channels

cableman265

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 26, 2005
St. Louis
This may be purely a coincidence, but since the channel lineup change on Feb. 14th my reception has worked for about 10-15 minutes and then it cant find the antenna. I have a Sportster and an S-50 in my work vehicle, and when I start it up in the morning everything works fine for about 10-15 minutes. Then I lose everything and it cant find the antenna for the rest of the day. Its almost like a temperature issue, as it works when its cold when I first get in my vehicle, but then as things heat up it just stops. Anyone else experience anything like this? I have 2 different antennas that I have tried on both units. I have a 3rd antenna in my car that I will be trying out today. I wouldnt think the channel change would have anything to do with it, but you never know.

All I can do is add my info to aid your research, we have 4 radios (two in cars, two indoors) and none are experiencing any issues since the update. Can you test your antenna(s) on a different radio? And you said you are already going to test a known good antenna on your radio?

I just had to replace my sportser 4 for the same issue. Had it for one month. Do a search on google for "aquiring sigal". We are not alone with this issue. If you have an online account set up through the Sirius web site, you can try reactivating the radio with the issue. I have read that that has helped a few people. Didn't help me though. I went through the whole trouble shooting thing with Sirius, and ultimately was told to get a new one. Swapped the old out, still good for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)