New TOS

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
I guess SiriusXM is hurting for bucks. People must be turning off their accounts on streaming services.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Read. Account-related changes effective March 15, 2024

View in a web browser

The past year at SiriusXM has been an exciting one, including our fresh new look and the introduction of our new app with more features and channels to bring you closer than ever to the stars and content you love.

We are also updating the terms in our Customer Agreement that govern your relationship with us. These updated terms will become effective for all subscribers on March 15, 2024.

The majority of the changes in our Customer Agreement are small things. Below is a summary of the significant changes and we encourage you to read our updated Customer Agreement in full at www.siriusxm.com/customer-agreement.

What's Changing?
Audio Subscription Plans are becoming Non-Refundable, and we are updating when changes you make to your Audio plan will take effect.
Non-Monthly Subscriptions (quarterly, semi-annual, annual renewals)

If you cancel or change your subscription within 30 days of your initial purchase or renewal charge, your subscription is eligible for a pro-rata refund if requested.
Cancellations or changes after such 30-day period will take effect at the end of your paid subscription term and are not eligible for a refund.
If you decide to upgrade your service after such 30-day period, we will change your plan upon request and apply a credit toward your future renewal charges. No refunds will be given for any non-refundable plan.

Monthly Subscriptions (month-to-month renewals)

Monthly subscriptions will be non-refundable, unless they are cancelled within the first 7 days of your initial purchase.
If you cancel a monthly subscription after such 7-day period, your subscription will continue through the end of your already paid subscription term.
Any changes to your subscription will occur at the end of your already paid term, except if you decide to upgrade your service for additional programming, which change will take effect immediately.

Car + Streaming Plans

If you sell or transfer your car, you can transfer your service to another car. Selling or trading in your car or not using the service does not cancel your subscription. If you don't have another car, you can continue listening through our Streaming Service. No refunds or credits will be given if you don't have a car or standalone radio on your plan or if you don't use the service. As a courtesy, and solely if we receive records that your car has been sold and/or traded, we may automatically transfer service to your new vehicle. If we need to terminate the service on your car or standalone radio and cannot keep your Streaming Service active, we will cancel your subscription and issue a pro-rata refund for any remaining prepaid time. The above changes impact Audio subscription plans only. The terms for Aviation, Marine, Infotainment and Commercial Fleet subscriptions remain unchanged.

Dispute Resolution Updates

You will continue to resolve disputes with us the same way as always — in individual arbitration or small claims court, unless you have previously opted out. The changes to our dispute resolution provisions contain additional details about how the process works, including additional details about our informal dispute resolution process, what information is to be included, processes and procedures governing arbitration, and what the arbitrator is permitted to do and the relief they may grant.
Please Update Your Email Address

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide you with the best possible service and to ensure you are receiving all important notifications in a timely manner, please log into your online account and make sure your account information and email address are up to date. Without affecting your applicable statutory rights, future account-related notifications, like this one, as well as other subscription-related notifications, such as price changes, renewal reminders and service updates, will be sent by email. You may continue to receive mailed notifications and reminders to update your email address over the coming months.

By continuing your subscription(s) or otherwise using our services after the changes take effect on March 15, 2024, you agree to be bound by the updated terms in our Customer Agreement. No further action is needed from you to accept such changes. However, if you would prefer to decline them, then you will need to cancel your subscription(s) prior to March 15, 2024.

You can manage your subscription(s) through your online account at www.siriusxm.com/myaccount or by contacting us via our Chat feature on www.siriusxm.com or calling us at 1-855-282-8460 (Audio/Infotainment) or 1-800-985-9200 (Marine/Aviation).

Even though some of our terms and policies are changing, you can expect the same great content, product features and functionality you have always enjoyed as a valued subscriber.

We thank you for being a loyal subscriber.

Sirius XM Radio Inc.

Please note: this is not a promotional email. As a SiriusXM subscriber, you will periodically receive
important service–related notices via email.

Have you moved or changed your billing information? Please take a minute now to update your account information.

You can read our entire Privacy Policy.

See our Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com.

Sirius XM Radio Inc.
1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, New York 10020
www.siriusxm.com

© 2024 Sirius XM Radio Inc. SiriusXM, Pandora and all related logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. and its respective subsidiaries. Other marks, channel names and logos are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
• 20240123 Non-Refundable Notice • SPTC24_STD_EM • 01.23.24 Refund Policy Notification EM

I just cancelled over chat and it was super easy. I think they recently got sued regarding cancellation difficulty.
That seems to be the way to go with them (Chat).

Several years back I had heard people here using thier Chat and having good results ...
I have used the Chat for anything needed now ... much better than trying to understand those on the phone.

Some companies Chat works, others don't. SXM does. :)

Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
I just cancelled over chat and it was super easy. I think they recently got sued regarding cancellation difficulty.
The New York State Attorney General recently filed suit against Sirius alleging they ”trap” people in their subscriptions.

I've been with XM since the very beginning, been with Sirius since year 2 and I never had a problem canceling a Sirius, XM or SiriusXM subscription.

Prior to the merger, I had two subscriptions of each, an XM radio in the car and one in my entertainment center and a Sirius radio in the car and one in my entertainment center. When the line ups were combined, there was no reason to have both, I wasn't even on the phone 5 minutes and got the two radios I no longer needed canceled. Last year, the module that plugs into my A/V Receiver for the Sirius died. The A/V receiver is nearly 15 years old, the module hasn't been made in years, and price on eBay were $400+ for something that was originally $50 or $75 bucks. Again, not even 5 minutes to cancel.

At the beginning of the month I got rid of my brand new Bronco as it's just too small of a vehicle, got my self a used 2021 Expedition EL Limited instead. My free trial for the Bronco was still in progress, it took not even 60 seconds to transfer the free trial from the Bronco to the Expedition and get it extended. When it's all said and done I'll have one year of free Sirius XM and I only had to buy $120K worth of vehicles to make that happen :D

• Haha
Reactions: Foxbat