#1 digitnet MeTV starting saturday morning cartoons back up in 2021

baboonie

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 30, 2018
MeTV is doing what I said all diginets should do a year ago on here. There would be an audiance for it. Starting in 2021 they are bringing back saturday morning cartoons.
the program Toon In With Me is a lead in for saturday morning cartoons besides a daily morning show for an hour. Now if the other diginets start them back up. Kids be arguing over which cartoons to watch on saturday again.

Last edited:
This is great news! I missed watching Saturday Morning cartoons since The CW network discontinued Vortexx and Sinclair discontinued KidsClick. I'm glad MeTV is filling the void after the big four plus The CW networks moved on to educational content produced by Litton. I am hopeful that this is just as successful as the return of The Flintstones to broadcast TV. We could use more animated entertainment!

Reactions: Redbullsnation
I think more adults will be watching then kids. Today’s kids just are not into the traditions we had I think

Reactions: Comptech
If I had my own family by now, I'd gather my wife and kids around the TV to watch this while having bowls of cereal for breakfast in the living room...

Reactions: satjay
I think more adults will be watching then kids. Today’s kids just are not into the traditions we had I think
Sadly, I think you're right. I was having a discussion with someone who has kids in the z generation. They have no desire for TV and only get their entertainment via YouTube. Gen Y is probably the last demographic to even watch TV programming or own a television. The younger ones seem to be satisfied staring at whatever is streaming on their 7 or 8 inch screen. Even with nearly 20/20 vision at my age, I'm too lazy to look at anything smaller than a 16" laptop for a long time.

Sadly, I think you're right. I was having a discussion with someone who has kids in the z generation. They have no desire for TV and only get their entertainment via YouTube. Gen Y is probably the last demographic to even watch TV programming or own a television. The younger ones seem to be satisfied staring at whatever is streaming on their 7 or 8 inch screen. Even with nearly 20/20 vision at my age, I'm too lazy to look at anything smaller than a 16" laptop for a long time.
The next generation of cellphones and tablet computers will have ATSC 3.0 NextGen TV tuners built in, so that people who don't own TV sets will have access to the same locally-originated content as people who own TV sets plus all the streaming content found on the internet...

If they choose to use the technology or not remains to be seen. I don't see how a company like Apple or Samsung would benefit by allowing such tuner chipsets to be installed in their devices. Whatever company supplies the chipsets would have to put out some serious dough for them to use and turn on such a feature. The phone makers want to push their stuff front and center along with the phone carriers. Apple is going to push Apple TV ahead of anything else. Google is going to push YouTube TV or whatever paid TV service gives them a benefit. Then, Verizon, T-Mobile, or AT&T will push their TV services or service agreements. There were some phones that did incorporate ATSC 1.0 into them years ago, but it didn't prove to be a popular feature. My guess would be that cheaper phones will feature ATSC 3.0 tech in them because it would be just one additional feature they could add for competitiveness. On the consumer-side, I would say that more people are looking for faster speeds (i.e. 5g) more than anything else.

The younger ones seem to be satisfied staring at whatever is streaming on their 7 or 8 inch screen. Even with nearly 20/20 vision at my age, I'm too lazy to look at anything smaller than a 16" laptop for a long time.
When I was younger I had a 2.2" colour tv from RadioShack, and also a 12" b/w TV. The 12" got a lot of use, but the 2.2" was fun to play around with. Nowadays, I still have a 14" colour TV in my bedroom and a large LCD in the living room. That 14" still gets a lot of use watching the old TV shows from MeTV and Decades.

Reactions: FTA4PA and TNGuy84
When I was younger I had a 2.2" colour tv from RadioShack, and also a 12" b/w TV. The 12" got a lot of use, but the 2.2" was fun to play around with. Nowadays, I still have a 14" colour TV in my bedroom and a large LCD in the living room. That 14" still gets a lot of use watching the old TV shows from MeTV and Decades.
I owned a 5" portable black and white tube in the mid 90's and a 2.5" color Sharp TV in the late 90's. They were fun for car trips and just messing around, but I wouldn't use them these days if they were still functional. In your case, a 14" wouldn't be too hard on the eyes. I had a 13" color tube until 4 years ago.

Still got mine, 100_0925.JPG

Saturday morning cartoons were not killed off by changing generations, but by government. The FCC passed this idiotic E/I rule and the networks had to replace the cartoons, which most kids watched, with cheaply made nature shows, which almost none do.

Saturday morning cartoons were not killed off by changing generations, but by government. The FCC passed this idiotic E/I rule and the networks had to replace the cartoons, which most kids watched, with cheaply made nature shows, which almost none do.

I always thought it was that ABC, CBS, and NBC found it cheaper and more people would watch news broadcasts Sat. morning.

The FCC actually just voted last year to scale down the requirement for E/I programming from 156 hours per year to only 52 hours per year. I'm guessing this is the reason why MeTV is able to do this along with acquiring the rights to stuff that Boomerang hasn't aired in years.

The FCC actually just voted last year to scale down the requirement for E/I programming from 156 hours per year to only 52 hours per year. I'm guessing this is the reason why MeTV is able to do this along with acquiring the rights to stuff that Boomerang hasn't aired in years.
As far as I'm concerned, there's enough E/I compliant content on TV anyways. The PBS diginet PBS Kids 24/7 devotes an entire schedule to that type of specialty programming!

As far as I'm concerned, there's enough E/I compliant content on TV anyways. The PBS diginet PBS Kids 24/7 devotes an entire schedule to that type of specialty programming!
I agree. Irritates me to no end that my local PBS airs PBS kids in 1080i. Kids don’t care about HD. Run it in 480i and use the bandwidth to add FNX and maybe NHK World.

If this works, who knows!
Maybe MeTV's sister netlet H&I might get in on the fun with some Saturday morning cartoons of their own.
I could picture H&I picking up Star Trek: The Animated Series, Superfriends, Batman: The Animated Series, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)