1 lnb for 2 satellites 4 degrees apart true?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fzyn

Original poster
May 6, 2011
alberta canada
Hello all.

I am just starting my satellite tv experience and I have seen from Satellite AV/GloryStar that their SL1 Bullet LNBF can receive 2 satellites that are 4 degrees apart. I am curious if that is true... If it is true does one point the dish in between the 2 satellites and adjust the skew rotation for inbetween the satellites? I would like to receive History and Biography channels on SES1 if possible in conjunction with GloryStar programming

Your help is much appreciated

welcome :wave

You would need 2 LNB's to get both. Glorystar use to sell a 2 LNB setup but now that all the channels are on one satellite (97W) it looks like they dont
Here is their 2 LNB holder
Free Christian Satellite Television - No Monthly Fees from Glorystar Christian Satellite!

and you'd have to add another LNB to the package

Back when the channels were split I did a review on the item
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/93281-glorystar-dual-lnb-upgrade-kit.html

but like I say everything is on one satellite now

Hello all.

I am just starting my satellite tv experience and I have seen from Satellite AV/GloryStar that their SL1 Bullet LNBF can receive 2 satellites that are 4 degrees apart. I am curious if that is true... If it is true does one point the dish in between the 2 satellites and adjust the skew rotation for inbetween the satellites? I would like to receive History and Biography channels on SES1 if possible in conjunction with GloryStar programming

Your help is much appreciated
Their package will be capable of receiving both the two sats you want. Personally if it was me I would start a 1.2m motorised system for your local
Satellite AV, LLC - Satellite Broadcaster Support and Equipment Distribution

Trouble with monoblocks...
- this one has a single output, so you could never run two receivers with it
- LNB spacing is critical based on your latitude, and if the two birds are near the top of your arc or near the ends
- LNB spacing is critical based on the dish you use (size), and its focal length.

So, monoblocks are great for non-critical circular DBS, ...
... or for situations where all the variables are taken into account.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts