This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

101 satellite down?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

njguy99

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Suddenly I'm getting no signal on 101 on all the boxes in my house. Was working fine 10 minutes ago. In NJ - perfect weather. No sign of obstruction.

Anyone else?

Suddenly I'm getting no signal on 101 on all the boxes in my house. Was working fine 10 minutes ago. In NJ - perfect weather. No sign of obstruction.

Anyone else?

I'm ok in Dallas. I'm watching in a back room on my std D11 box. Sig #'s are in the mid-90's on my old "Sony" oval std dish.

very weird. Now everything's fine again. it's like it went blurp for 5 minutes...

Anyone else?

All good here in MD..........SAT down would be the last thing to check and you would know it because neighbors would be in the street looking at the sky and praying to the TV gods for salvation. Since all you boxes went down there has to be a common intermittent problem. Look for a loose cable from the dish to the multiswitch. or if a SWM check the power inserter and splitter. Perhaps the LNB is going out. Perhaps the dish & mast have worked loose and will move in wind. Try to duplicate the defect by shaking cables.

The sky is not falling. Trust me on this.

Joe

Last edited:
Much more likely a bad lnb than a loose dish or mast. If it was, everything would go out, not just 101.

Thanks guys. It resolved itself within 10 minutes - but there was definitely nothing blocking the dish, which had me wondering what was up. No cause for alarm, go about your business.

Status
Please reply by conversation.