1080p VOD ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gary s

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 9, 2003
Southern Cal
I am ordering a VOD that on the on-screen-guide says is 1080p online. On the online order page it says the video format is HD in a grey box. Should it say 1080p for the video format?

In the past, you could only use the certificates by ordering online. I thought they changed that at least a year ago though.

Find the event you want through the receiver and hit INFO. It will list an ID #.... Hmmm, looks like that won't work. I see on the PPV certificates screen they say:

"Pay-Per-View Certificates can only be redeemed on mydish.com or through the automated phone system at the time of ordering."

It would seem that you are not able to order a 1080P movie online. My thinking is that they have to know that your TV is set up properly to accept 1080P. Set up properly means that you have an HDMI cable going from the receiver to the TV. This is tested every time you order one. If you are online there is no way to make that test....

What event are you lookingn for? For instance I see the event ID for Dracula Untold is 88757 and that isn1080P, and should be able to be ordered online. I just forget if the certificates are for $5.99 or $6.99

My thinking is that they have to know that your TV is set up properly to accept 1080P
I thought it just reverts to "regular" HD, after testing, if your TV doesn't support 1080p. I tried it years ago, with a TV that only did 1080i (and was connected with either component or HDMI-to-DVI) and I vaguely recall that it told me my TV didn't support the resolution and that it would display it in a compatible format.

It takes more than just using an HDMI cable too ;)

Is there a price difference for the 1080p versions ?

It looks like prices are all over the place on 501. $3.99 up to $7.99. Until I can find two movies the same, I'm going to say no. The price is the same.

The 1080p version was 501. The other was not (don't remember channel now).

I realize the thread title says "VOD" but I don't differentiate them - they're all rentals to me.

I think you kept scrolling and ran across the PPV version for $5.99. It was on channel 504, which is a mistake I have made God knows how many times.

I believe you can only order 1080p VOD on the device itself not online.
I believe this is the case. In my case I was trying to order "Lucy" and I got the order ID from VOD channel one and it said it was 1080p. I think it said it was $6.99.

If I do order the movie I will just order it from the HD PPV which is $5.99 using a certificate.

Thanks for this and all replies and discussion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)