118.7 without spending a ton

imstriker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2004
Good morning all... Is there any cost-effective way to add 118.7 to a 110,119,129 setup? I know I could swap out the whole set for what looks like over $300, or try and wrangle Dish into doing it with some international channel. Just curious if there is any way to do it for $50 to $100 with a second dish, etc. I'm thinking of moving to Detroit but am missing that sat. TIA...

Good morning all... Is there any cost-effective way to add 118.7 to a 110,119,129 setup? I know I could swap out the whole set for what looks like over $300, or try and wrangle Dish into doing it with some international channel. Just curious if there is any way to do it for $50 to $100 with a second dish, etc. I'm thinking of moving to Detroit but am missing that sat. TIA...

The Dish Store - Powered by Metro25

If you move to Detroit Dish will come put in a new dish for you. If you are going to "MOVE" to Detroit just so you can get channels, then your gonna have to upgrade to some internationals.

In addition to the above comments, another thing to keep in mind....

More than likely you are now either using a DP34 switch, or no external switch at all. When you shift from 3 satellite orbital locations to 4 satellite orbital locations to include 118.7, you are going to need a DPP44 switch.

So if you do it yourself, you will need the Dish 500+ and a DPP44. You can take your current 129 LNBF and add it to the Dish 500+ using the the 129 bracket that comes with the Dish 500+ to make it a Dish 1000+. Feed all 4 LNBF into the DPP44. Then you can feed each receiver with one cable. The DPP44 will need power supplied to it via Receiver Port 1, but can be done using the same cable to feed a receiver.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)