119 satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shultz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
87W 40N
Merry xmas everybody! Hope your all having a good one! Well the weather around here was nice yesterday and i finally got my system ALL setup. checked everything a half a dozen times, ran the rg6 into the house, hooked up the receiver, and everything works great! got quality readings of 88-97 on sats 30w to 129w! did a check on the channels i've got so far with lyngsat, and they all match the different sats EXCEPT 119w! i get a bunch of channels when i scan 119w, but it's 118.8w. i know this because out of all the channels i scan, i can only see two channels, and they say: "congratulations, you have a dish pointed at 118 w, l," the rest have $ signs and only 4 music channels. i think 119w should have about 60 music + nasa. has anyone else run into this? how can i get the 119w bird without getting the 118.8 bird instead?
thanks for any help

shultz
what kind of LNB do you have?

119 is DBS circular whereas 118.7 is linear circular. You need a DBS LNB (or the Invacom quad) to get the free stuff on 110 & 119. If you have a DBS LNB (or the quad) make sure you have the settings correctly on your diseqc switrch or 22k switch

i have the qph-031 lnb. i'm pretty sure all the circular sats on the receiver came set at 11250, and i set all the linear sats at 10750 myself. i'll have to give it a check and see if i didn't set something up wrong. if that don't work, i'll let ya know.
thanks

ok, heres what i got:
118.7w
lnb-on
lnb type-single
freq 10.750
switch-off
if i turn the switch on, its-commited-1 "L"
uncommited-2-"C"
ON 119.0w
lnb-on
lnb type-single
freq-11.250
switch off
if i turn the switch on, its-commited-1 "L"
uncommited-2 "C"
the 22khz is turned OFF on both, the diseqc is set to usals
i did a scan on both (with the different freq's) and got the same channels
any ideas??

change Diseqc to 1.0 and there will only one dropdown below it
port 1 for Linear
port 2 for Circular

dont use the "comitted/uncomitted" part since most diseqc switches dont support that

well, i tried what you said, and that didn't work...at first! when i did a scan, i didn't pickup ANYTHING! so after i ran out of cuss words, i thought i had to be the cable from the lnb to the switch, or it was a bad switch. so i went out in the snow and everything was tight. on the qph-031 i read somewhere that you only needed to hookup 1 "c" and 1 "l", so i had it hooked up to the outside c and l and left the 2 in the middle capped. for some reason i just unhooked the outside c and pluged it into the other c next to the l, came back inside, did a scan on 119w and BINGO! got 300+ tv and 150+ music. (of course mostly $ signs), but still, i finally found that @&$%*@# satellite!

yea, but i didn't know they had to be side-by-side. to me, a c's a c and an l's an l...maybe some day (when it warmer) i'll switch them to the other outputs to make sure they work. but for now, I'M LEAVING IT ALONE!!

yea, but i didn't know they had to be side-by-side. to me, a c's a c and an l's an l...maybe some day (when it warmer) i'll switch them to the other outputs to make sure they work. but for now, I'M LEAVING IT ALONE!!

The circuitry inside the LNB is actually two different units that are joined together. You can think of them as units A and B. In order for your setup to work, you had to power both the C and L from the same unit. In other words C1 and L1 or C2 and L2.

Status
Please reply by conversation.