12/03/2014 12:35 - Uplink Report - 94 Changes

Question?

I know there is a very large Hispanic community in the US especially in the Southern States IE California,Texas etc. I'm just curious as how the TV providers be it cable IPTTV or Sat consider how they digestion Hispanic channels. Are they consider channels like English ones or are the consider in the ethnic category like Chinese, Italian,etc?

Here in Canada we have a large selection of Hispanic channels from various countrues IE South America,Mexico, the Caribean and so on, but there all place in the ethnic line up that providers provide?

What's wrong with English as the SAP on at least ONE spanish channel?
I dont even get that with OTA in NY.

I have always wondered why HD channels don't have SAP in Spanish while ther SD counterparts do. I wonder if it's that way from the source or not.

Hispanic channels. Are they consider channels like English ones or are the consider in the ethnic category like Chinese, Italian,etc?

Here in Canada we have a large selection of Hispanic channels from various countrues IE South America,Mexico, the Caribean and so on, but there all place in the ethnic line up that providers provide?
Some Spanish language channels are part of the basic packages, but most are part of a "Latino" package.

Univision networks (UniMas e&w, Galavision, Univision e&w, UniDeportes), VMe, HITN, CCTV Español, and BeIN sports Español are part of the basic packages. HBO Latino and Cinemal Latino are part of their respective movie channel packages. The other 24 Spanish Language channels available on Dish (including UniDeportes 2) are part of the Dish Latino Package.

Contrary to popular belief, Unibision, Telemundo, Azteca America, VMe, HITN, and others are U.S. Television networks, not "fern" networks.

Question?

I know there is a very large Hispanic community in the US especially in the Southern States IE California,Texas etc. I'm just curious as how the TV providers be it cable IPTTV or Sat consider how they digestion Hispanic channels. Are they consider channels like English ones or are the consider in the ethnic category like Chinese, Italian,etc?

I live in western Oklahoma and only have experience with a small local cable company and Dishnetwork. In both cases the Hispanic channels were placed in a number range distinct from English channels. Dishnetwork has them in the low 800s, in the same general range as other ethnic channels. When I first subscribed to Dish the Latino Pack was a mess, you had most English channels in the normal channel numbers, some mixed in with the Spanish channels in the 800s, and HD channels in the 4000s with no mapdowns to put them with their SD counterpart. This was finally fixed, but the Spanish channels could use some rearranging so that they are bit more categorized, ie sports channels grouped together, news channels grouped together, etc.

As for the number of channels, Dish is far behind many competitors. For my own curiosity I researched this in past and found Dish to be in line with FIOS, but far behind the number of Spanish channels compared to Directv, U-Verse, and Comcast.

As for the number of channels, Dish is far behind many competitors. For my own curiosity I researched this in past and found Dish to be in line with FIOS, but far behind the number of Spanish channels compared to Directv, U-Verse, and Comcast.

I have never researched it so not disputing, wondering what are all the spanish channels DISH does not have either in their regular packages or in the International packages that others have? When you say Comcrap for instance, is that nationwide they have the most or in a community like LA NY or Miami?

I have never researched it so not disputing, wondering what are all the spanish channels DISH does not have either in their regular packages or in the International packages that others have? When you say Comcrap for instance, is that nationwide they have the most or in a community like LA NY or Miami?

I based the list on what I found on each company's websites, so I believe it to be nationwide. Because of that, I can't guarantee that this list is 100% accurate, but it gives a general idea of what else is out there.

When it comes to Directv, Comcast, U-verse, and FIOS, all four offer Mexico 22, SUR, Television Dominicana and TV Chile, which Dish does not.

Cine Estelar, Cine Nostalgia, Ecuavisa, Once Mexico, Telefe Internacional, Cine Mexicano, Multimedios, Viendo Movies, and V-ME Kids are offered by three of those companies.

Azteca Mexico, Caracol TV, Mega TV, Mexicanal, TV Venezuela, TyC Sports, CBTV Michoacan, Gran Cine, Latele Novela, and Ritmoson are offered by two of those companies.

Ecuador TV, La Familia, Video Rola, Gol TV, Latinoamerica TV, Mexico TV, Nuestra Tele Noticias 24, Peru Magico, Regional Music Television, Telecentro, Time Warner Cable Deportes, Video Exitos, AyM Sports, Canal 52, Cine Sony, Dominican View, Estrella TV, HTV Musica, Milenio Television, Semillitas, Supercanal, Tele El Salvador, and Telemicro are offered by one of those companies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts